Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

3 posters
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Pat Empty Pat

Post by Candlelight.kk Fri 5 May 2017 - 18:20

(originally posted on 30 Apr 2008)

Pat (Patricia) Asher, in hospital undergoing tests at the moment after suffering a number of TIA's (mini strokes).

Pat was issued with "an emergency button" on a chain which she was advised to keep round her neck at all times.
    A very independent lady she preferred to keep it in the drawer in her bedroom. She and her daughter and son (twins) live in the same house, but each has their own self-contained living area. Her son (a work colleague of mine) who phones her regularly each day, left work early as worried because no reply - to find her out cold on the bathroom floor wedged between the toilet and the sink, and had apparently been lying there for a number of hours. Rushed into hospital she has had another couple of "turns" whilst in there. The hosp not too happy with her ECG results so she is being kept in while more tests are done.
    Feather
    Feather

Pat Empty Re: Pat

Post by Feather Fri 5 May 2017 - 18:22

That's a very sad story, Candlelight. I'm not a doctor but have a friend whose Mum
    had exactly the same as that. It was her heart that caused the mini strokes. It wasn't
    working efficiently enough to protect the brain.from them.She was fitted with a pacemaker.
    I hope the medics have got her in time. It must be a nightmare for her family.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Fri 5 May 2017 - 18:24

Yes, up until now osteo-arthritis has been her biggest problem. It was just recently suggested she needs a hip replacement and a knee replacement as the bones are wearing away, but they feared her heart wouldn't be strong enough for an op such as that. She's not able to take a bath as can't climb in or out unaided. She lost her husband just 2 years ago. I met him some years back as they had a big do for his 80th birthday. Such wonderful characters the pair of them, and both so young at heart.
    lynneandjohn
    lynneandjohn

Post by lynneandjohn Fri 5 May 2017 - 18:25

healing thoughts and prayers to pat. hope our hhh is recieved by her and aids her recovery. lynne

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 11:36