Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

5 posters

troubled

lynneandjohn
    lynneandjohn

troubled Empty troubled

Post by lynneandjohn Fri 5 May 2017 - 2:23

(originally posted on 30 Mar 2008)

don't know if this is the right thread but i am hpoing for some advice

i have come so far in my understanding of the spirit world(though of course it skims the surface of the what we know of it really) and having had my own personal experiences i feel so fortunate and blessed to know there is an afterlife. my only anguish is that i am troubled by re-incarnation and what it implies. i do belief we re-incarnate but am so troubled by it as i want to know i will be with past loved ones for eternity when i pass but i the roles we have now. split souls and changing roles in other lifes does play on my mind. i wonder when we pass, which past life form do we take on and which gender. do my loved ones come through as they are now for recognition purposes but really don't have that same relationship in the spirit world.
    my nana came through for me recently with a message for her granson(my son), she said he is my grandson to the medium but if we are from many incarnations is he really.
    sorry if this sounds too deep, i just wonder and find it difficult to get the comfort i thought i had knowing i would be with my late husband as his wife one day. i feel threatened by this concept of different roles now. maybe i ask too much.
    i heard a reading once on tv and in it a man passed gave a message to his daughter saying that he waited a long time for his love(the ladies father died long before her mother)she confirmed her dad had passed about 25 years before her mum. this was so encouraging but i have read so much conflicting info since. anyway sorry to be so despondent but have felt restless and maybe i need to see this differently but don't know how. thanks love lynne [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

troubled Empty Re: troubled

Post by Candlelight.kk Fri 5 May 2017 - 2:25

The question of reincarnation is very deep, and I believe one which can only really be answered when we eventually cross over. Personally, the prospect of delving by way of hypnosis into past life regression holds no interest for me, as (1) any "evidence" that may come to light through this practice cannot be relied upon. Suggestiveness through hypnosis can trigger certain "false" memories, and (2) I believe we are here in order to learn our lessons through our own personal experiences and our answers will only come through the natural occurences of these experiences and how we ourselves personally deal with them.
    I do believe we are all part of a soul/family group in spirit, and that when we return home it is back into that same soul/family where nothing has changed. John has simply returned home into the fold where he, just as all in that group are fully aware of your journey here in this earthly life, with you constantly, watching over you and waiting for the wonderful time when you have completed your tasks, realised the lessons you came here to learn, when "your time is right" and eventually ready to return back to a joyous, loving welcome, back into the fold.
    lynneandjohn
    lynneandjohn

Post by lynneandjohn Fri 5 May 2017 - 2:28

thankyou candlelight, you've hit the nail on the head with past life regression. it cannot be relied upon. i was offered it recently and was curious but i now realise it was because i wanted to hear what you have just told me. that my soul family was as it as always been. i have been reading a book that for me personally, did'nt fit very easy with my thoughts of the spirit world. i need to get back the spiritual path i was content on. we are here to learn lessons and the here and now is what i must focus on. thanks as always for your re-assurance. i do see now where our connection lies. luv lynne Smile
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Fri 5 May 2017 - 2:29

Lynneandjohn, there are many, many books and as many differing opinions because until we've crossed that invisible line we don't actually know 100% what it all means.
    Love is the key word and it's indestructible, so don't worry that you'll lose it - love is something that can only grow. Perceptions without a physical body must needs be different, but because of that it means that we will feel spirit love even more strongly and therefore bonds will be strengthened.
    There is absolutely nothing to worry about.
    If and however we reincarnate, our spirit remains linked with all our loved ones, and if we revisit the earth we accept in advance and can choose what we will experience. So if you and John want to return and again be wife and husband so you continue to develop spiritually hand-in-hand, then I shouldn't imagine there would be anything to stop you or force you to do something else.
    Like Candlelight, I think we start out with a spirit family to which we return and that it grows and blends together with other families, like husband and wife embrace each others families then the families of their offspring's spouses, etc... ad infinitum.
    This is my opinion, though I'm not sure it's coming across very well ?
    But stop worrying, it will only block your energy flow.
    😁 😁 😁
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Fri 5 May 2017 - 2:32

Hi, Lynne. I know which book you refer to. I have found it very disturbing as well--for the same reasons as you.
    The more detail was given, the more ridiculous I thought it. There is more than one reason why I reject the info
    so I have put the whole thing out of my mind.I think you should do the same.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
    lynneandjohn
    lynneandjohn

Post by lynneandjohn Fri 5 May 2017 - 2:34

thanks sammi and feather, i am glad i posted this as it was affecting me a wee bit. you have all helped me to see that it is not cast in stone but just theories, and just by the fact alone that you have offered help and comfort is lovely and cheered me up. i must not take everything as said when i read but remain open minded. your replys as so appreciated. luv lynne
    lynneandjohn
    lynneandjohn

Post by lynneandjohn Fri 5 May 2017 - 2:34

please accept my apologies stardust for using the wrong name. this is so typical of me [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Fri 5 May 2017 - 2:36

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Fri 5 May 2017 - 2:37

It may be not good enough for some but i dont care..but my heart and soul and knowledge learnt tells me there is nowhere else for you to go..but to be with your loved ones.The link is love..
    lynneandjohn
    lynneandjohn

Post by lynneandjohn Fri 5 May 2017 - 2:38

those words are very reassuring lar. thanks.

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 3:58