Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Chance to say hello

Chance
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Male

Chance to say hello

Post by Chance

Hello to everyone here. I am very happy to find this lovely site and pleased to be able to join you here.

I don't expect I will post much but am very interested in reading all the topics and posts, especially on the fascinating subject of survival after death. I have had only one experience which personally convinced me that when we die we live on in some form. That happened 62 years ago when I was just a kid but has stayed with me all my life. Great to come across this site. Thank you for being here.

Chance
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Post on Sun 16 Apr 2017, 22:10 by Candlelight.kk

Hi Chance. Nice to meet you.

Chance wrote:I don't expect I will post much but am very interested in reading all the topics and posts, especially on the fascinating subject of survival after death.

There is of course no obligation for anyone to post in the forums, but I would just point out that newly joined members are automatically placed into the "Newly Registered Members" Group by default. There are certain restrictions applied to that group which mean you may not enjoy all the facilities and privileges that are available to fully registered members. To become a fully registered member, you just need to make 2 posts anywhere on the forum.
(These restrictions have been recently introduced in an effort to reduce spam on the forums).

Until you have made 2 posts anywhere on the forum you will remain in the "Newly Registered Members" as your default group. Upon the second post being made, you will automatically be placed in the regular registered members where you will then be able to enjoy all the benefits of the forum to the full.

Chance wrote: I have had only one experience which personally convinced me that when we die we live on in some form. That happened 62 years ago when I was just a kid but has stayed with me all my life.

I would be really interested to hear what that one experience was and hope you are willing to share with us here(?)
(There is a section of the forum which is not accessible to guests viewing - if you would prefer to post your experience out of public view, we would love to hear from you.)

Post on Sun 16 Apr 2017, 22:11 by Chance

Thank you for the kind welcome.

I am not shy to tell of my experience in public. I am not afraid of dying, nor of telling the reason why for that. I grew up in the countryside, our nearest neighbours two miles away. Cars very seldom passed along our road which even though was the main road through the village, was a typical unlit country lane, what some people would call a dirt road or a boreen. One night not long having gone to my bed, I was just starting to doze off, but opened my eyes to find my favourite aunt, my mother's sister who lived in the village, was standing by my bed smiling. She kissed me on the forehead, said goodnight little one, I love you. I said goodnight to her and told her I loved her too.

Next morning I expected to see my aunt in the kitchen at breakfast, as usually when she came to visit she would stay overnight at our house and would sometimes use my mother's sewing machine to make up dresses. My mother was a dressmaker and the sewing machine was in the parlour, a room seldom used and there was also an extra bed in that room where my aunt would sleep when she stayed over. When I didn't see her in the kitchen I went to have a look in the parlour but it was empty. I asked my mother why aunty May had gone back home so early she said aunty May hadn't been around. I told her about her coming into my room to say goodnight and she told me I must have been dreaming.
It was a school day and I was on my way out the door when our neighbour's car pulled up in the yard. We had no phone in our house, but this neighbour had a phone, which our family could use if we ever needed to. The neighbour was coming with the news that aunty Mayk had died in the night. Need I say any more. I knew then, we all knew, that even if I had only dreamt it, she had somehow found a way to visit our house to say goodbye and tell us she loved us. It felt to be the most natural thing for this to have happened and our whole family was comforted to know this.

Nothing like this has ever happened to me since, even though many members of my family have since passed on, but I am convinced that they have all met up and reunited, just as we all will be when our time comes.

Post on Sun 16 Apr 2017, 22:12 by Misty

Welcome to the forum Chance. It's good to have you here. I enjoyed hearing about your experience.

Post on Sun 16 Apr 2017, 22:13 by Chance

Thanks Misty for your lovely greeting. Hello to you too.

Post on Sun 16 Apr 2017, 22:14 by Misty

Oo Chance, you've gone all red. You're well in the groove now.

Post on Sun 16 Apr 2017, 22:15 by Stardust

A very warm welcome, Chance and thank you for sharing your experience. It's always comforting to read about the signs received by other people. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Post on Sun 16 Apr 2017, 22:16 by Chance

Thanks for the welcome Stardust and hello to you too.

I love hearing about other people's experiences too. I am naturally sceptical about a lot of things but when you hear of so very many people sharing in the same kind of things that happened to you it makes it so much easier to understand. There is so much to our existence that we don't know about and much that we do know but don't understand. Science gives us some of the answers, but by no means all.

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 01:17