Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Gordon Smith

Stardust
Gold Star Member
Gold Star Member

Re: Gordon Smith

Post by Stardust on Tue 2 May - 20:49

I didn't know he'd had a new book published - I will order it asap.

Are they radioactive transgenic grains of corn (maize) on the cover ?
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 20:52

It's not long out.

Here is an extract from 'Why Do Bad Things Happen?'

What is destiny?

You can't be in my line of work without coming across the big philosophical questions of life. You might think that the real biggie is whether there is life after death, but for any medium or any bereaved person who's known the comfort of a message from a loved one on the other side, it's simple - of course there is, we just have to be open enough to experience the connection we still have with those in spirit, be they Grandma or the dog. Contact with the spirit world is part of our everyday life, whether it comes through a message from a medium at a demonstration with hundreds of people present or just through thinking of someone you've lost and feeling their presence for a split second when you're doing the washing up or stuck in a traffic jam.

But what about those bigger questions of destiny, fate and karma? We tend to divide everything up into 'good' and 'bad' and think of our lives as an accumulation of deeds which go on some sort of karmic balance sheet. It's even in our everyday language, as we say. 'You reap what you sow.' So, do enough of the good and it'll cancel out the bad. Too much high living and fun and you'll be in for a smack down. Do really well and you'll be rewarded with a nice car and a new girlfriend.

Real life doesn't dish out the gifts and the blows like that, though; it seems much more confusing and contradictory. People want to know why they've lost a spouse in an accident when they've lived good lives and always worked for charity, or why their neighbour won the lottery, even though she's never known how to handle money and is up to her eyeballs in debt. It seems as though there's no logic behind it, and it's tempting to think of a spiteful and capricious force hurling down thunderbolts for a laugh. Or to say fate is cruel and karma is a bitch. Yet all the time we're begging Lady Luck to single us out so we can have our time in the clover. Or claiming responsibility: 'Be careful of what you wish for,' or that it's personal fate: 'What's for you won't go past you' - which just about covers everything!

I've known men and women torture themselves with regret over something long since done and dusted because they are convinced that what they did was linked to a greater tragedy. In a way they're seeking control over the suffering that life dishes out. If someone they loved died abruptly in an accident or through violence, they want to know if it could have been avoided and then spiral into 'what ifs'. It also seems to be instinctive for people to want to blame themselves for the suffering that a child has gone through in order to take some of that burden onto themselves.

We like to take responsibility for some things that are nothing to do with us and yet sometimes we try to pretend that things we really are responsible for just came out of nowhere. In both cases we make life much harder both for ourselves and for others. And when you consider that this 'fate' or 'karma' covers everything from the drive to work to world wars and global warming, how do you even begin to get a handle on that? You'd go mad if you tried to think through the consequences of every last thing you did, imagining some terrible punishment forever waiting to drop on your head.

In fact we can spend a lifetime struggling to understand how to negotiate this plane of existence and come out the other side with a lighter mind and greater wisdom. There are lots of mental traps that we can fall into or false roads we can take which leave us at a spiritual dead end.

So how can we make it easier on ourselves? Is there any way we can really tell what is our fate and what, if anything, we can do to change it?

From Why Do Bad Things Happen?, ©2009 by Gordon Smith, published by Hay House.
Stardust
Gold Star Member
Gold Star Member

Female

Post by Stardust on Tue 2 May - 20:54

Tantalizing and leaves us hanging on the edge of that unanswered question.
This writing style seems to me more eloquent than his books thus far; perhaps he took more time over it.
I hope it's not as short as the last book of his that I read (about pets).
Thanks for the extract, Candlelight. I'm looking forward to reading it even more now.

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 20:56

I don't think you'll be disappointed, Stardust.

Gordon's book about pets - is the only book of his that I have not got. I flicked through it in the bookshop. tbh, I think that book was aimed more for children to read.

I have 'Why do bad things happen' - but haven't started reading it yet ... I've a couple of others to finish before settling down with what looks like one of his best yet.

Actually, I've got 5 books currently 'on the go'. Depends on the mood as to which one I pick up to continue with.
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Tue 2 May - 20:57

I'm in the middle of "The Daemon". Wow! It's a read and a half. Very profound, just like Tony's first one. I didn't know that Migraine could be included in the list of mysterious conditions, like temporal lobe epilepsy and schizophrenia, which have a connection with paranormal experiences. Tony suffers from migraines, like you and me, Candlelight. His symptoms are identical to mine. I've read about epilepsy in this connection before.

Sorry--this is off topic here.

Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by Misty on Tue 2 May - 21:03

Do you mean Tony Stockwell? I didnt know he had another book out either.
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Tue 2 May - 21:04

No. I meant Tony Peake, the author of "Is there life after death?" and "The Daemon".

Female

Gordon Smith's Newsletter - November 2009

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 21:06

Gordon Smith
November Newsletter  

A message from Gordon

I'm really enjoying establishing my new home - it's so good to feel settled again. Being outside London with access to both the city and the countryside is feeling more balanced for me and Meg, our springer, is certainly in doggy bliss!

Having a stable home of one's own is so important. For me the instability was relatively short-lived. But for so many people this is a daily reality and I realize now how much I have taken this for granted. It has nudged me to be more grateful for the comfort and abundance in my own life.

Having stability again has allowed me to re-establish regular circles in my home and this has been feeling wonderful. Committing to regular circle work again enables Spirit to draw close and teach us how we can expand our understanding of ourselves and our world. Just creating that space for Spirit in our lives is so valuable and we can so easily get distracted by all our busy business and not prioritize the actual activities that reconnect us to our source. When my life gets frantic I always think of the words of HH the Dalai Lama, who said the busier he gets, the more he meditates. This is so wise. I know myself that just 20 minutes sitting quietly meditating at the beginning of a very busy day allows me to handle the day so much better. Somehow when I have meditated the schedule ahead doesn't look like such a big deal, and if I had been anxious or full of anticipation that feeling really dissipates after I have stilled my mind.

I would encourage you all to take the quiet time and space that you need every day, however busy you are! You will absolutely feel the benefit.

Take care,
XGordon
Candlelight.kk

Female

Gordon Smith's February Newsletter

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 21:09

17 Feb 2010

I’ve been thinking a lot about family recently. I suppose this was initially prompted by travelling back up to Scotland to visit my mother on the anniversary my father’s passing, and once again realising the value there is in the closeness of family when things get difficult.

There’s an old saying that you can’t choose your family, but you can choose your friends. And through friendship, we build a second family in life, which can be just as important in supporting us as blood relatives.

I was very much reminded of this fact at the recent biannual Spiritualist Association seminar in Eastbourne. Once again, I felt the close knit of friends that have become like family over the years and I recognised how special the bond between us is when we sit together again and draw on spiritual energies as a unit. It truly has – like recharging a battery – given me the energy that I needed before starting my new tour.

I will be out and about a lot more often in 2010, with numerous demonstrations around the UK. I’m looking forward to meeting new people on my travels up and down the country and to expanding my family of friends!
Stardust
Gold Star Member
Gold Star Member

Female

Re: Gordon Smith's 2010 Beyond Belief Tour

Post by Stardust on Tue 2 May - 21:12

Oswaldtwistle Civic Theatre, Rossendale -
what a lovely name to roll around the tongue: Oswaldtwistle!
Mr. Green

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Female

Post by lalleycat on Tue 2 May - 21:17

Gordon Smith, the author of Spirit Messenger and The Unbelievable Truth, is an astoundingly accurate medium who's renowned for his ability to give exact names of people, places, and even streets. Gordon travels all around the world demonstrating his abilities, offering healing and comfort to thousands of people.
His extraordinary skills have attracted the attention of university scientists researching psychic phenomena, as well as countless numbers of journalists and documentary producers.

In this link you can actually listen free to a sample of Gordon speaking on these three CD's below.

To listen - Click HERE - and then click on the little green arrow box below the CD of your choice.

Gordon Smith has conducted many sell out workshops and seminars across the UK. With this download you too can join him on the journey to unravel the mystery of the Spirit World. Gordon Smith is known as the psychic barber.

This download also includes meditations to increase your ability to tune in to the Spirit world and send absent healing to anyone who is in need.

In this fascinating download, Gordon Smith- 'Hailed as the UK's most accurate medium' - teaches you how to develop your own mediumship / mediumistic skills. Using simple yet powerful exercises Gordon talks you through each stage of your journey to become a medium.
???????????????????

I can't find how to upload the images here - but if you click into the link you can see what I am talking about.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 21:20

26 Oct 2010

Gordon Smith interviewed on N-Ireland Spirit Guides Radio (Host:  Ian Jones) 6th October 2010

In this power packed 30 minute podcast, Gordon shares his experiences, spiritual philosphy and thoughts about the times we're living in.

Listen to the full interview here:  http://traffic.libsyn.com/thespiritguides/GordonSmith_20101006.mp3
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 21:26

I can't get this one onto mp3 - My recording is on RealPlayer.  It's a really good recording but I don't know how to post it up here.

So I'll put the link up instead - and you should be able to listen through on the page itself - where it says 'Listen to the full documentary' - just click in there.

This is a recording made on Danish Radio in 2003.

Gordon's gift

by Chris Chambers

21-02-2003

LINK:   arrow   http://static.rnw.nl/migratie/www.radionetherlands.nl/features/cultureandhistory/030221medium.html-redirected

Gordon Smith

On the surface ‘The Gentry' looks like any other barber's shop in Glasgow. Its deep purple woodwork is fading, a strong smell of cigarette smoke emanates from the small back room with the swing doors where the staff take their breaks and the constant buzz of electric clippers drowns out the radio.

While But this is no ordinary barber's shop. Its owner is Gordon Smith, the famous Scottish medium. Despite having an extraordinary clairvoyant gift and being in constant demand for séances and spiritualist meetings, he still cuts hair for a living. He could be the ultimate media star, parading his gift and being on first name terms with his bank manager, but that's not his style.

Contact with spirits
I join Gordon as he prepares for a meeting in one of Glasgow's numerous spiritualist churches. The hall is full and there's an expectant buzz. Gordon, with a cigarette in his hand tells me that he never prepares for these meetings. He has no idea what's going to happen. An hour later he's tired but elated. He's made contact with five spirits and the audience is excitedly discussing the evening's proceedings.

Malcolm, a softly spoken man who sat near the back with his brother and sister-in-law, is numb, shocked and perplexed. Gordon has just turned his world upside down. Malcolm hadn't wanted to come to the meeting. He was dragged there by his sister-in-law who insisted that his mother, who'd died just a couple of months before, wanted to contact him. She was convinced that his mother was interfering with the electrics in the house.

Intimate details
Malcolm had been highly skeptical, but halfway into the evening Gordon turned his attention towards him. Pointing "to the man with his arms folded, you sir" he said "I have a woman with me who is not long in the spirit world." Malcolm went red. Gordon proceeded to give her name and other intimate details, which Malcolm insisted he could not have known beforehand. "She's been interfering with the electrics in the house," Gordon said. "That's just to tell you that she's there with you."

Gordon doesn't generalize. He gives names and addresses. He gives details of how a person died. He told how "Jim" had choked to death during the New Year period. His brother, whom Gordon was talking to, told me afterwards that Jim's spleen had burst on New Year's Day.

Professor Archie RoyOne in a hundred million million million
Glasgow is a major centre for paranormal study. At the University of Glasgow Professor Archie Roy and Tricia Robertson have spent many years researching mediums and their powers. Their latest work involved a ‘highly controlled' study of mediums (including Gordon) and their ability to give meaningful information to a recipient who was chosen at random and who was not seen. Professor Roy says that highly accurate information was given and that the probability that it was due to chance was one in a hundred million million million.

Gordon insists that he is in contact with spirits. Who can disagree with him? He obviously hears ‘voices' that are able to give him accurate information about living people. He also sometimes sees spirits, an ability he's had from childhood. Our current science is only at the very beginning of understanding these phenomena. Scientists and as a consequence the media and the general public are very sceptical about the paranormal, their disbelief made all the more convincing by obvious charlatans.

However, how can Gordon's gift be explained? It is quite obvious to anyone who has seen him work that his ability is absolutely genuine. Maybe one day science will come up with the answers. If so it'll be a day that rocks our whole understanding of human life and communication.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 21:29

13 Jul 2014

Julie Bryant of Naked Dragon interviews Medium Gordon Smith about his new book - Intuitive Studies - before his talk at Naked Dragon in Surrey, UK on Wed 25th July 2012.
Stardust
Gold Star Member
Gold Star Member

Female

Post by Stardust on Tue 2 May - 21:32

Long time since I bought a "spiritual" book. You get to a certain point when the circle is complete and you find yourself reading the same things over again written by different authors. Be nice to read something with an entirely new perspective for a change, but not very likely.

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Job/hobbies : retired

Post by mac on Tue 2 May - 21:34

I understand. I haven't bought any spooks for a long time. Beyond a certain point in anyone's learning there's going to be repetition of what's been learned before, albeit from a different author.

I don't know if perspective on the same matters spiritual can be much different from one person to another but if personal interpretation replaces the message of the original communicator then there's a risk that the message will lose some of its value.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 21:37

Hi Stardust . Good to see you back around these parts.

I've still got books on my shelf that I've not even glanced at yet! For one thing, not had much of a chance for reading this last couple of years, too much going on ... in fact, only chance to get reading and which I did a lot of - was in hospitals! I actually got quite a bit of stick from the nurses and docs for my choice of reading material that I brought with me when going in for an operation (Sam Parnia's 'What happens when we die'). lol

And then another thing ... I got a Christmas present of a Kobo reader a few years back. Best Chrissie pressie ever! Downloaded a load of books - and could have 5 or 6 books on the go at same time, depending on the mood which one to choose. Until it went wrong ... some sort of leakage on the screen which wiped away a third of every page. So, the same lovely person then gave me a Kindle for a Christmas pressie that year - and up until now I've NEVER been able to download anything onto the reader itself. Can download onto my kindle account on computer fine - but that defeats the whole object of the thing. Very frustrating. Because Kindle seems to be tied to Amazon, you have to go through their registration procedures - which is fine, but they insist that you have to register through Wi-Fi - and that's when it starts to go all above my head.. Have to put in some kind of id number which I haven't a clue about ... Never had any of that trouble with Kobo ....

So, anyway ... it's back to the paper books for now - and this year is the first time in a long while now that I can actually set some time aside to get back into reading - and a lot of other things that have been bypassed of late. At present flitting between a compendium of Doris Stokes - and Tim Robinson's 'Connemara (Listening to the Wind)'. Two very different moods ....
Stardust
Gold Star Member
Gold Star Member

Female

Post by Stardust on Tue 2 May - 21:38

Candlelight.kk wrote:I've still got books on my shelf that I've not even glanced at yet!
Tell me about it, Candlelight, same here. Some are still in cellophane wrappers and have been sitting there for years (often club books, where you have to buy a minimum number per year, even if you can't find anything you'd like - I have now ended my subscription). The one I'm reading at the moment was bought at a literary exhibition in 2009! I'm trying hard not to buy any more until I've read all those piling up indoors. Trouble is, I'm tempted quite easily. Listened to a programme this morning and do so want to buy the biography they were talking about... it's so hard to resist.

Candlelight.kk wrote:I actually got quite a bit of stick from the nurses and docs for my choice of reading material that I brought with me when going in for an operation (Sam Parnia's 'What happens when we die').
That did make me laugh, Candlelight. The hospital staff must have been quite irked by what appeared to be a pessimistic outlook and lack of faith in their surgeon's abilities.  lol

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 21:42

' Bad Psychic Gordon Smith ? '  -  ' Is Gordon Smith Psychic? '

This article is typical of the type of nonsensical spiel spread around the net by people who profess to be critical thinkers.
A typical example of a futile and transparent attempt at 'debunking' a named medium whose reputation as being an excellent, genuine medium spreads far and wide.  So much so, that (much to their frustration and consternation) it is virtually impossible to find anything, anywhere for those potential debunkers to use for ammunition in an attempt to blacken the name. 

So, what do they do?  lol - create a fabricated story to spread around the masses - such as this pathetic attempt at recounting a rare non-complimentary account of someone who supposedly sat in the audience where Gordon Smith was demonstrating.

How blatantly obvious is this .... 

In a blog on the Freethought Blogs site, the author maintains not to have heard of Gordon Smith before this opportunity arose to go to this 'demonstration'. 
"I had the unique opportunity to see a psychic called Gordon Smith."
No indication is given of where this supposed demonstration took place, whether it was in a theatre, a televised performance - or a made-up fantasy straight out of the author's imagination ...
simply to say that "It turned out to be a group reading for a crowd that was probably half hostile, half believers."

Remember, the author says she had never heard of Gordon Smith before:  "I hadn’t heard of him until today, but I took the liberty of google searching him before seeing him and learned a bit about him."
and slips a link into that sentence (in "about him"), implying that her Google search took her only and straight to .....  monster    The Skeptics Dictionary !   facepalm   http://www.skepdic.com/skeptimedia/skeptimedia40.html    Well well ... what a strange 'coincidence'.  Mr. Green

Here's the full pathetically-composed review of the alleged 'audience' with Gordon Smith:

link   http://freethoughtblogs.com/ashleymiller/2012/11/13/bad-psychic-gordon-smith/

Penned by one Ashley F. Miller, self-confessed "polemicist, activist, nerd".

Read with a careful, critical eye - and spot the agenda!  blah    Take note of the comments attached also.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 21:43

BBC Documentary 'Talking to the Dead' - from 2003

and on Irish TV -  The Late Late Show in 2009 :   arrow   http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/20090227.html?search-term=gordon+smith

(For Gordon's slot - press 'more' and then 'Psychic Gordon Smith')
Candlelight.kk

Female

London Spiritual Mission has a new president

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 21:48

Gordon Smith takes the helm at London Spiritual Mission

Psychic News, September 2015 edition reports:

After a period of uncertainty that saw changes at the top and a declining membership, one of the UK's oldest Spiritualist churches, the London Spiritual Mission (LSM), in the city's Notting Hill district, has bounced back.

It has a new president - Gordon Smith, among the UK's best-known and most evidential mediums, was appointed president in May - and membership has more than doubled.

Despite living in Scotland and having a busy schedule of demonstrations throughout Britain and overseas, Gordon intends taking an active role, particularly in mediumship and healing development.

He took over from medium Peter Geekie whose resignation as president, due to ill-health, was announced earlier this year (PN April 2015).

"I was asked to take on the role two years ago," Gordon tells Psychic News, "but I didn't feel the time was right. But now, my gut instinct says 'Yes'.I first set foot inside the LSM 25 years ago as a visitor. I sat at the back of the church. Don Galloway was demonstrating that day and he recognised me and invited me up to the rostrum.A couple of months later I returned to do the Animal Service. That was the first time I served the church."

In the quarter century that has elapsed, Gordon has frequently served the church and earlier this year he took the Animal Service once again, alongside Peter Geekie and Marie Lang, raising £4,000 for animal charities. The LSM congregation also donated £800 to the Nepal earthquake appeal.

Welcoming Gordon Smith as the new president, Doreen Quinnell, joint vice president of the LSM committee, who has been associated with the church for 20 years, said:

"We are delighted Gordon has agreed to take up this role. We are all very excited at the LSM, because for the first time we hope to offer, with Gordon's guidance, certification for our healers and development groups. We're really looking forward to a significant step forward in spiritual teaching."

Developing new talent and providing certification for those who achieve the required standard in mediumship and healing has long been a focus of Gordon's work.

"This is a system I've been working with for the last 10 years," he explains. "I started to build a formula - called the College of Intuitive Studies - for people in Germany, Switzerland and Austria who didn't have a foundation in Spiritualism, by creating this very basic system of sitting in circle and teaching them how it used to be done.I was never taught to be a medium - thank God - I was taught to create a link with Spirit. That's what we'll do, using my technique. I'm in the process of writing up and adapting my European courses for use in a Spiritualist church environment."

He will be supported by healer Steven Levetts, and intends to participate in the courses as often as his busy schedule will allow.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 21:51

Article in yesterday's Daily Express:

'Psychic GORDON SMITH says 20 years communicating with the spirit world has given him a unique insight into what happens when we die'

Daily Express - 26 May 2016
Interview by HANNAH BRITT

Gordon says the one question he always gets asked is: What happens to us when we die?

He tackles this question and many more in his 15th book - One Hundred Answers From Spirit.
"The answers in the book came out of sessions that involved several mediums asking each other questions while in a psychic trance." "I started to record our channelling sessions and kept the manuscripts," says Gordon, who lives in Argyll on the west coast of Scotland.

"I had no idea what questions would be aked during our meetings so my answers were always spontaneous and from the spirit.

"Once I was asked a question in German, a language I don't speak, yet I understood and answered straight away."

"I have dedicated my life to try to take the fear of death away from people. It seems that we are so scared of what happens after death that we forget to live. Yet I have no fear of death and I live a happy life because of it."

Below, Gordon gives his insight into what happens when we die.

Read full interview here: http://www.pressreader.com/
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by Misty on Tue 2 May - 21:54

I can't see the interview in that link KK.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 21:58

Whiskers wrote:I can't see the interview in that link KK.

Try this link: http://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-express/20160526/282080571079148
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by Misty on Tue 2 May - 22:00

Candlelight.kk wrote:
Whiskers wrote:I can't see the interview in that link KK.

Try this link: http://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-express/20160526/282080571079148

yes kk. I can read it now. Thanks. thanks

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Tue 2 May - 22:02

Is Gordon Smith still a thing?
Truly awful human being and clear fraud too
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by Misty on Tue 2 May - 22:03

Still a thing? What sort of question is that? Gordon Smith is a truly lovely human being and there has never ever been any thing to suggest any kind of fraud next to his name. He is the real genuine deal and and everybody knows that. You really should know by now that you are barking up the wrong tree with those silly comments about Gordon Smith. Just accept it Jon Donnis. You are wasting your breath there.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 22:06

He knows, Whiskers. He knows. He just can't help himself.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Tue 2 May - 22:09

Whiskers wrote:Still a thing?  What sort of question is that?  Gordon Smith is a truly lovely human being and there has never ever been any thing to suggest any kind of fraud next to his name.  He is the real genuine deal and and everybody knows that.  You really should know by now that you are barking up the wrong tree with those silly comments about Gordon Smith.  Just accept it Jon Donnis. You are wasting your breath there.

You do realise I have a 100% record when it comes to psychics right?
And you say there has never been  anything to suggest fraud by him. erm, this is the awkward moment when I reveal I exposed his fraud a while ago!

You know you just cant randomly call people a fraud without the risk of being sued right?

GORDON SMITH IS A FRAUD!

OMG did he really just say that?
Oh yes.

Ok, instead of harking back to when I showed step by step exactly how he faked a reading, or even the fact that Gordon has access to to the "blue book" at his spiritualist church, how about I make this offer.

You should me an unedited reading conducted by Gordon, either on your personally, or to a strange (unedited remember), and not from his spiriualist church (since there he cheats), I will make you a 100% guarantee I can show you exactly how he does it, step by step. And if I fail, I will post a photo of myself here, in my pants, holding a sign saying "I love mediumship and it is all real"

How about that for me backing up what I say?

Gordon Smith is not legit, he is a fraud, a pretty obvious one too, to anyone who has a really basic knowledge of the psychology used by "eyes open" mediums.

Oh and Colin Fry told me some very interesting things about Gordon Smith too, the kind of stuff that puts Gordon on a level with Tony Stockwell for being a sick son of a bitch, but alas Fry is dead (seriously he is like proper dead dude, never to return from the dead) so I will keep such secrets to myself.

God it must annoy you woos that in 13 odd years i have never once been wrong about a medium.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 22:12

I do so wish these "100% guys" would learn to differentiate between personal opinion, conjecture - and FACT! 

An anecdotal account of being personally "100% convinced" without evidence of any kind - is in no way indicative of FACT.  Surely, as 'skeptics', they should be able to recognise and understand that simple FACT.   Rolling Eyes

http://moh2005.proboards.com/post/170121/thread   wagtail

Gordon Smith is the worst of all those I've seen. I'm 100% convinced he had plants in the audience - and not the botanical kind!
Could You direct me to a Source where this was exposed...I would enjoy to read this ! Bc. I thought G. Smith was the nice Barber/Psychic
who doesn't even CHARGE for his Readings...!
This used to be his gimmick that he would give free readings while cutting hair, but this he only did at the very start of his career before he was famous, he has pretty much always charged, he just used that gimmick as a way to "prove" he wasnt a conman.

FACT:  Gordon Smith has never, ever charged for a one-to-one mediumship reading.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Tue 2 May - 22:15

Candlelight.kk wrote:  I do so wish these "100% guys" would learn to differentiate between personal opinion, conjecture - and FACT! 

An anecdotal account of being personally "100% convinced" without evidence of any kind - is in no way indicative of FACT.  Surely, as 'skeptics', they should be able to recognise and understand that simple FACT.   Rolling Eyes

http://moh2005.proboards.com/post/170121/thread   wagtail

Gordon Smith is the worst of all those I've seen. I'm 100% convinced he had plants in the audience - and not the botanical kind!
Could You direct me to a Source where this was exposed...I would enjoy to read this ! Bc. I thought G. Smith was the nice Barber/Psychic
who doesn't even CHARGE for his Readings...!
This used to be his gimmick that he would give free readings while cutting hair, but this he only did at the very start of his career before he was famous, he has pretty much always charged, he just used that gimmick as a way to "prove" he wasnt a conman.

FACT:  Gordon Smith has never, ever charged for a one-to-one mediumship reading.

You been snooping again! lol

Gordon Smith is a fraud, i examined his readings, I showed step by step how he did them. You still believe, you are a fool.
This is not opinion, this is FACT.

I exposed your hero, and it hurts you so much.
Again 100% record. Gordon Smith does NOT communicate with the dead. He is the same as Colin Fry was, Derek Acorah, Sally Morgan and so on.

As for him not charging, do people not pay to go to his shows then? And when he gives audience members a reading its free? No of course not.
Did he agree to go on Most Haunted for free as a way to build his name, to sell more books and more seats to his show? he was PAID to go on a show that is openly faked and a spoof, he was paid very well, and he was HAPPILY directed by Karl Beattie! He never quit, he went along with everything.

Gordon Smith uses the blue book at his local church, and yes he gets a percentage of the take on the night too!

So to say he doesn't charge for one to one readings, like I said it was a gimmick when he started off as a way to "prove" he was legit and not a conman. Truth is the absolute opposite.

You challenged me to prove him a fraud, I did exactly that, you buried your head in the sand.

I PUBLISHED ON MY SITE, how he did it. I called him a fraud, did he sue me? No he ran away.
Much like Tony Stockwell, he has also cancelled appearances after I said I would be there.
Gordon Smith is a coward and a fake psychic, He even admits it in his blurb with the "for entertainment only" disclaimer, something a real medium does NOT need to put.

SO yeah, once again, Mic Dropped from the Local Hero!
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 22:18

JDBP wrote:You been snooping again! lol

I like to keep up to date with what's going on ...   wave

JDBP wrote:Gordon Smith is a fraud, i examined his readings, I showed step by step how he did them.
I PUBLISHED ON MY SITE, how he did it.

You gave your opinion on what you thought (i.e. you don't believe there is continuation of life after death, and therefore no such thing as mediumship, and it so follows (in your 100% opinion! lol) that all mediums must be frauds). We've ALL heard it ALL before.
If it makes you happy to think that equates to exposing fraud, then you just keep on believing that.  It's your prerogative and your choice to stay firmly enclosed and isolated as the solitary 'freeman' in the anteroom just outside of 'Plato's Cave'! -
( http://lightafterlife.freeforums.org/post6583.html#p6583 )

I called him a fraud
did he sue me?
Did he 'eck!  lol  -  What's to sue about - someone expressing their [misguided] beliefs and opinions???  He most likely had a right little giggle over it, and probably hoped that one day the shutters would come up and you might receive that elusive personal 'proof' that you so desperately desire.

Did he agree to go on Most Haunted for free as a way to build his name, to sell more books and more seats to his show? he was PAID to go on a show that is openly faked and a spoof, he was paid very well, and he was HAPPILY directed by Karl Beattie! He never quit, he went along with everything.
You are so very off the mark there.  He left MH before his contract was up, because it sickened him to the core to see just what that programme was really all about, and how mediumship was being misguidedly and misleadingly portrayed to the public in general, and not what true Spiritualism and Mediumship is really all about.  He confided as much to your friend, Derek Acorah, when they met as participants on the set of the psychics special edition of The Weakest Link - maybe 9 or 10 years ago(?) [size=200]*[/size]

*  ETA:  Actually, it was 81/2  years ago.  http://lightafterlife.freeforums.org/the-weakest-link-psychic-special-t159.html

Full programme (29 March 2008) :
Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGBk8ouRWbo
Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn6ottgRUBE
Part 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07nD-CFI5ik
Part 4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVHHhKxOykU
Part 5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4hgMs_IK9w

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Tue 2 May - 22:26

Candlelight.kk wrote:
You are so very off the mark there.  He left MH before his contract was up, because it sickened him to the core to see just what that programme was really all about, and how mediumship was being misguidedly and misleadingly portrayed to the public in general, and not what true Spiritualism and Mediumship is really all about.

Wrong, that is what he told people, but clearly not true, if he left before his contract was up, Antix could have sued him for breach of contract, which they did not.

As for MH sickening him, erm had he not watched the show for the years and years previous?
Again your hero worship of him is embarrassing, and the fact you ignore glaring holes in his pathetic lies and excuses really does make you look foolish.

He confided as much to your friend, Derek Acorah, when they met as participants on the set of the psychics special edition of The Weakest Link - maybe 9 or 10 years ago(?) [size=200]*[/size]

So he confided to Derek did he. The man I exposed as a fraud for years and years and years on Most Haunted. A man widely accepted by pretty much everyone to be a fake medium. Gordon Smith "confided" in him.
Dont you think that is a strange thing?

You believe Gordon to be a genuine medium, yet you are claiming he talked to someone who has catagorically been proven as a fraud multiple times, and the person who was faking on Most Haunted from day 1!

Just read that back to yourself a few times to "get it"

Gordon Smith was directed by Karl Beattie, just like every other fake medium on that show, he took money from Antix, if I recall a couple of grand per episode, to do what Karl told him to do, and to raise his own profile and in turn make more money from touring and selling books.

And your defence for this, is that he "confided" in Derek Acorah?
REALLY?

You do know that I know Derek Acorah right? I know his wife. I KNOW everything that goes on!

You once challenged me to expose Gordon Smith, I did exactly that, I backed up everything I said, and you hate the fact I did it with ease!

Gordon Smith does not communicate with the dead, he never has done, and I highly doubt he ever will.
I can catagorically show anyone how he or any medium performs their tricks, I have never failed, never not once.

Even Colin Fry didn't think much of Gordon due to what Gordon got up to in private, just consider that for a moment!

Ironically Colin Fry preferred cold reading since he had this life long fear of getting caught red handed again, one of the reasons he only ever performed his physical mediumship in private invite only sessions, which is had full control over.

I wonder what it would do to you, if you ever was able to see the truth about this false prophets you so worship.
True Believer Syndrome at its worst, or is it more a self preservation thing, afterall you learnt from these frauds, if you admit they are fake, you admit you were fooled, and if you dont admit that, then you admit you are a part of the game, and eyes open all the way.

Either way you are screwed, so yeah I understand why you deny the truth. But in all these years you have never once gotten one over on me, yet time after time I have on you, hell the smell of roses around me is so strong that I could take a dump in the street and no one would notice.

Serious question, how does it really feel being a constant loser? Really? Never once have you come out on the right side with me have you?
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 22:30

Well, there's a strange little coincidence (or maybe not ...  Cool - I don't actually believe in coincidence ...).  At the very time that you made the above post on this forum, I was actually having a ciggie and a chat with Gordon.   witchy  (Talk of the devil ... as my mam would say...)  ghost  

JDBP wrote:
Candlelight.kk wrote:
You are so very off the mark there.  He left MH before his contract was up, because it sickened him to the core to see just what that programme was really all about, and how mediumship was being misguidedly and misleadingly portrayed to the public in general, and not what true Spiritualism and Mediumship is really all about.

Wrong, that is what he told people, but clearly not true, if he left before his contract was up, Antix could have sued him for breach of contract, which they did not.
JDBP wrote:So he confided to Derek did he. The man I exposed as a fraud for years and years and years on Most Haunted. A man widely accepted by pretty much everyone to be a fake medium. Gordon Smith "confided" in him.
Dont you think that is a strange thing?
Well, that account actually came right out of Derek's mouth - in that controversial candid interview he gave on White Noise Radio back in March 2009.  That's actually where I heard it! - along with a lot of other stuff that Derek talked about, a lot of controversially candid stuff about MH and those involved with the show.   That interview, as you well know, got 'taken down' admidst ridiculous threats of legal action being brought against anyone found to be in possession of it.  Not sure if there is a copy in existence anywhere now that hasn't been destroyed!  
There followed a very different interview on White Noise Radio shortly afterwards, done with Derek and Gwen together, where he was obviously under strict instructions not to say anything derogatory about MH.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/famously-haunted/2010/01/15/derek-acorah-on-white-noise-paranormal-radio

JDBP wrote:As for MH sickening him, erm had he not watched the show for the years and years previous?
Of course, it's a very different experience actually watching the show - to that of taking part in it.
Quite obviously,  it would appear that people only get to hear exactly what the [very]controlling programme makers want to be heard.
Make of that what you will.

JDBP wrote:You once challenged me to expose Gordon Smith, I did exactly that
No, you didn't!  You might think you did - but only in your own tiny mind has that happened.   rofl

JDBP wrote:I understand why you deny the truth. But in all these years you have never once gotten one over on me, yet time after time I have on you.
I hate to burst your hugely inflated bubble, Jon - but YOU are the one that is in denial here!  You really cannot see it, can you.  

JDBP wrote:Serious question, how does it really feel being a constant loser? Really? Never once have you come out on the right side with me have you?
Serious answer:  Same as my previous one, above.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Tue 2 May - 22:39

Candlelight.kk wrote:Well, there's a strange little coincidence [size=85](or maybe not ...  Cool - I don't actually believe in coincidence ...)[/size].  At the very time that you made the above post on this forum, I was actually having a ciggie and a chat with Gordon.   witchy  (Talk of the devil ... as my mam would say...)  ghost  

And that right there is why you have to defend the undefendable!

Well, that account actually came right out of Derek's mouth - in that controversial candid interview he gave on White Noise Radio back in March 2009.

THEY ARE FRIENDS!!! ***** sake you are dumb, Derek was covering for him! These people are professional liars. You dont even believe in Derek yourself, yet when he speaks about Gordon suddenly his word is gospel!

That's actually where I heard it! - along with a lot of other stuff that Derek talked about, a lot of controversially candid stuff about MH and those involved with the show.   That interview, as you well know, got 'taken down' admidst ridiculous threats of legal action being brought against anyone found to be in possession of it.  Not sure if there is a copy in existence anywhere now that hasn't been destroyed!  

Yes I know all about it, again you forget who I am! Most of what Derek said I had either already said, or knew about!
At the time I had a huge grin on my face because suddenly things I had said were being backed up by someone who was supposed to hate me in the eyes of the MH fans! So once again I was being proven right by the most unexpected of sources!

As for the legal threats, I also received them as I often did from Antix, as I reproduced a transcript of the interview.
Again you keep forgetting who I am, and what I do! I KNOW things before they go public, i ALWAYS have something behind me incase I need it!

As for what Derek said in that interview, a lot of not all of it should appear in his book if it ever gets released, I also get mentioned in the book too you know! #LocalHero

JDBP wrote:As for MH sickening him, erm had he not watched the show for the years and years previous?

Of course, it's a very different experience actually watching the show - to that of taking part in it.
Quite obviously,  it would appear that people only get to hear exactly what the [very]controlling programme makers want to be heard.
Make of that what you will.

I dont need to make anything of anything, I see the show BEFORE anyone else, before it is aired! DO you not follow me on Twitter when i post spoilers of the show, screen grabs from episodes to air over a month later!

You also interestingly ignore all the points I made about MH and Gordon knowing exactly what he was going to do on the show, he spoke to Derek BEFORE he signed his contract too, just think about that too for a moment, Gordon knew EVERYTHING that went on on that show before he signed, EVERYTHING and he STILL went on!

He KNOWINGLY went on a show he knew 100% had been faked from episode 1, a show he KNEW directed Derek, David Wells and so on what to say, HE KNEW< and he signed the contract to be DIRECTED by Karl!

You really have no idea do you? Listen to me! I KNOW ALL ABOUT HOW TV WORKS! I know the ins and outs, i have SEEN the contracts, hell I even published one contract once if you remember and my article was talked about in the psychic news!

No, you didn't!  You might think you did - but only in your own tiny mind has that happened.

You said he had never been exposed, I got a video of an unedited reading, and I showed step by step how he did it, I backed up everything I said I could do, so nope, not my tiny little mind at all. I dropped a truth bomb on you, and you still hiding from it.

Here is how it works.
Psychic makes claim.
I say claim is false
Fans challenge me to back myself up
I back myself up EVERY TIME
I win.

It is that simple.
And if you got your head out of Gordon Smiths a*** just for one moment and actually listened to me, you would realise that everything I have said about him is true.
From him having access to the blue book at his church, to his time on Most Haunted!

Forget your dislike for the JD character, forget your hatred for my ego and all that.
When had I ever been wrong about a psychic?
I was the one who revealed Colin Fry was broke when he died, I was the FIRST PERSON IN THE WORLD to expose Derek Acorah and Most Haunted.
I was the FIRST person to expose Sally Morgan (Unlike the DM she didn't dare take me on)

Why would I lie about Gordon? I gain nothing, hell I dont even particularly care for him either way.
Now Tony Stockwell, you know he is an evil little ****, who I admit i have a personal grievence against.

I have cost him a few jobs over the years too happily! Just one email from me, and no one will touch him in the mainstream.

Anyway if you just listened, just opened your eyes a bit, you would see the truth.
But then again the way you ignored so many of my points, I am convinced your eyes are very open, and you know exactly what you doing.
Afterall self delusion doesnt make you sit in the dark, pretend to be a sailor and put on a silly voice does it.
Only a 100% out and out eyes open fraud would do that!
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 2 May - 22:46

JDBP wrote:
Candlelight.kk wrote:No, you didn't! You might think you did - but only in your own tiny mind has that happened.

You said he had never been exposed, I got a video of an unedited reading, and I showed step by step how he did it, I backed up everything I said I could do, so nope, not my tiny little mind at all. I dropped a truth bomb on you, and you still hiding from it.

Here is how it works.
Psychic makes claim.
I say claim is false
Fans challenge me to back myself up
I back myself up EVERY TIME
I win.

It is that simple.

Not quite. I responded IN DETAIL, on your site, to your pathetic attempt at debunking that reading. I painstakingly went through and addressed every one of your opinionated remarks, pointing out where YOU had made some glaringly obvious mistakes (and deliberate omissions) in your pathetic attempt. lol - You even went running to your Forum at that time begging for assistance, crying that 'someone on the site was disagreeing with and picking on everything you said on an article on the 'front page' and rallying for members to come and help you out. Not one single member came to your aid. I wonder why that was(?) So, left to your own devices, what did you do? .... you DELETED all of my comments and blocked me from the site! To this day, you continue to deny this - but happen it most definitely did. It's absolutely pointless - and actually quite laughable, that you keep harping back to that [incomplete] transcript and referring to it as being where you allegedly 'exposed' Gordon Smith as a fraud. facepalm

That was NOT an exercise in debunking! That was sheer denial - in every sense of the word.

seesaw

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Tue 2 May - 22:48

Candlelight.kk wrote:
Not quite. I responded IN DETAIL, on your site, to your pathetic attempt at debunking that reading. I painstakingly went through and addressed every one of your opinionated remarks, pointing out where YOU had made some glaringly obvious mistakes (and deliberate omissions) in your pathetic attempt. lol - You even went running to your Forum at that time begging for assistance, crying that 'someone on the site was disagreeing with and picking on everything you said on an article on the 'front page' and rallying for members to come and help you out. Not one single member came to your aid. I wonder why that was(?) So, left to your own devices, what did you do? .... you DELETED all of my comments and blocked me from the site! To this day, you continue to deny this - but happen it most definitely did. It's absolutely pointless - and actually quite laughable, that you keep harping back to that [incomplete] transcript and referring to it as being where you allegedly 'exposed' Gordon Smith as a fraud. facepalm

That was NOT an exercise in debunking! That was sheer denial - in every sense of the word.
seesaw

Are you living on cloud cookoo land?
Oh wait we already know the answer to that.
I think you are thinking of someone else!

But clearly you have got it in your head that somehow I tried to supress you, which never happened. Any comments would only have been deleted if they broke the rules, something you do a lot. The article is still there I believe.

But since I ALWAYS back up what I say, how about a new challenge, you can screen grab this for your records too.

You provide me with an UNEDITED, non TV show reading from Gordon, lets say to 3 different people to make it harder. NOT in his Church where he hot reads, you provide the choice of clip. YOU transcribe it word for word, so you cant say I miss anything out or do anything dodgy.
And I will expose the lot, I will show you step by step how he did it.

Hows about that?
I will publish it on my site as usual.
And you can COMMENT on my forum, NOT the site, so no excuses, on the forum where more people will read the opinions and so on, you can screen grab everything you say and my responses, so no excuses after. And I NEVER delete anything from the forum either.

If I cannot debunk the reading of YOUR chosing, I will transfer the domain name of the main site to you to do with as you please.
And I will publish a lengthy apology direct to Gordon Smith, and the "Jon Donnis" character will then cease to be.

Of course this means you have the impossible task of finding an unedited non tv show reading from Gordon, that you believe will fool me. I am sure there are plenty online if you look. So a bit of work for you in transcribing it word for word, but surely worth it to wipe teh smug look off my face.

SO what do you say? Are you prepared to back up your "belief" in Gordon that he is smarter than me when it comes to mediumship?
Or you gonna run away and keep telling lies to your minnions on here, and paint me as some kind of bad guy?

Again screen grab everything I say so I cant get out of it.
All I ask is that its not from his Church because there he 100% hot reads, its not from some produced TV show with hard and soft edits, thats my only conditions, and that it is more than 1 reading in a go, so 3 in a row unedited is good, as that makes it much harder for me, and gives me more material to work with.

My psychic prediction is that you will fail to find the video, you will cite all manner of excuses as to why you cant do this, and once again I will walk away smelling of roses as being prepared to 100% back up everything I say!

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by mac on Tue 2 May - 22:50

As an observer, and also as a registered member of both websites, I do not understand why there's so much unpleasantness here and so little actual discussion on BP. Maybe I need to be a member of BP for much longer but thus far I've not been impressed by the level of discussion there.

I've remarked before that you, Jon Donnis, come here to disparage those you feel justified in disparaging, often the practitioners we see as 'mediums' but which you say don't exist as they're all frauds etc. In doing that you're also exceedingly rude towards the owner of this website, someone more-than-tough-enough to deal with it however. Nonetheless I find it very unpleasant, wholly unjustified and totally unnecessary. What's worse is that you repeatedly come here deliberately to attack and to attempt to undermine - wholly unsuccessfully - the approach and persuasion you know to be fundamental to the outlook of many/most of us. Why do you hate us, or the website owner, so much?

We don't support or defend proven frauds. The Mannion situation is just such an example. But your rants aren't necessarily proof. Sometimes your claims are justified but not always, despite your bluster about always being 100%. You know you can't persuade us members, Jon, so what is the point in coming here and routinely trying? Is it just a means of venting frustration that you can't get the better of us?

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Tue 2 May - 22:53

mac wrote:As an observer, and also as a registered member of both websites, I do not understand why there's so much unpleasantness here and so little actual discussion on BP.  Maybe I need to be a member of BP for much longer but thus far I've not been impressed by the level of discussion there.

The forum is pretty much dead, has been for a while sadly, the death of TV mediumship and Most Haunted has put paid to that.
I keep the forum open only as a way for some old forum friends to keep in contact, and also for the archive which contains much of what was deleted from the old site.

I've remarked before that you, Jon Donnis, come here to disparage those you feel justified in disparaging, often the practitioners we see as 'mediums' but which you say don't exist as they're all frauds etc.

Not sure who this Jon Donnis chap is you mention, but personally I admit that I get a fix of stupid on here, which I no longer get on my forum, if I had woos on there like the old days talking about MH etc, I would have no need to come here.

In doing that you're also exceedingly rude towards the owner of this website, someone more-than-tough-enough to deal with it however.  Nonetheless I find it very unpleasant, wholly unjustified and totally unnecessary.  

It is nice of you to take offence on behalf of Cathy, but please understand that privately I have always supported her and offered to help her when certain negative elements came on here to cause trouble.
Look Cathy knows me, she knows probably a bit more of the man behind the character than others.
My "attacks" on her are consistant, she pretends to speak to the dead, she puts on ridiculous voices, sits in the dark and cons people, that to me is a crime, and I do not let her forget it. She also is "in" with certain people like Tony Stockwell and Gordon Smith, and she helps protect them despite knowing full well they are frauds. I take offence at this, thus why I challenge her, and why I do not let her spread b*******.

Have no doubt that Cathy is "eyes open", she is not some deluded middle aged woman, she is full on eyes open, and knows what she is doing in a very calculated way, if I am wrong about that, and she is legit just deluded, then damn I have never come across anyone that psychologically damaged by spiritualism, and if that is the case than the likes of Gordon Smith and Tony Stockwell are even more evil than I previously thought for taking advantage of her and using her.

What's worse is that you repeatedly come here deliberately to attack and to attempt to undermine - wholly unsuccessfully - the approach and persuasion you know to be fundamental to the outlook of many/most of us.  Why do you hate us, or the website owner, so much?

I do not hate any of you. As I said privately I have helped Cathy in the past with the website, I have been right about certain negative elements that I told her about, she denied and has since realised I was right about. Again if at any point Cathy cannot handle me, she can delete me, no harm done, and she is still welcome on my forum.

As far as I know I have only questioned Cathy and yourself Mac in recent years, so not sure who else you are referring too.

Also I have no problem if you or anyone wants to come to my forum, and take me on, expose things I have said, destroy things I have written and so on, I am an open book and stand by everything I say.

We don't support or defend proven frauds.  The Mannion situation is just such an example. But your rants aren't necessarily proof.  Sometimes your claims are justified but not always, despite your bluster about always being 100%.  You know you can't persuade us members, Jon, so what is the point in coming here and routinely trying?  Is it just a means of venting frustration that you can't get the better of us?

The Mannion situation is one reason why I actually like Cathy, and the fact that you do call out certain people.
As for persuading you, I have to always believe there is hope, if I just accept that you lot are too far gone, then I might as well pack up and admit defeat to the frauds for ever.

Yes I do vent some frustration, as i previously said I dont get to do that on my forum any more, but as for getting the better of you, I have consistantly done just that ever since I came here, 100% record is more than just a brag, it is a fact.

And any time that 100% record is called into question, I raise the stakes and offer to back up the claim again, as I have done with Gordon Smith.

My confidence that I am right is so strong that I will put it all on the line every single time. No doubts!
If I ever reach a point where I am wrong, or cant back up what I say, then I will close down the lot and you will never see me again

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by mac on Tue 2 May - 23:04

JDBP wrote:The forum is pretty much dead, has been for a while sadly, the death of TV mediumship and Most Haunted has put paid to that.
I keep the forum open only as a way for some old forum friends to keep in contact, and also for the archive which contains much of what was deleted from the old site.
 It's always a sadness  to learn that a website has become irrelevant.  Where it was predicated on such TV programming, however, it's not a surprise as it was mostly frothy entertainment.  For serious discussion one needs serious individuals and serious subjects to have any chance of success.

JDBP wrote:Not sure who this Jon Donnis chap is you mention, but personally I admit that I get a fix of stupid on here, which I no longer get on my forum, if I had woos on there like the old days talking about MH etc, I would have no need to come here.
mac wrote: I find it sad that you don't come with something to offer and have little to gain.  Life changes and so did your website.

JDBP wrote:It is nice of you to take offence on behalf of Cathy, but please understand that privately I have always supported her and offered to help her when certain negative elements came on here to cause trouble.
 I find offence in the way you behave and kk doesn't need my support but you're so used to dissing her that I wonder if you realise how rude you actually appear.  Sometimes it needs pointing out.

JDBP wrote:Look Cathy knows me, she knows probably a bit more of the man behind the character than others.
My "attacks" on her are consistant, she pretends to speak to the dead, she puts on ridiculous voices, sits in the dark and cons people, that to me is a crime, and I do not let her forget it. She also is "in" with certain people like Tony Stockwell and Gordon Smith, and she helps protect them despite knowing full well they are frauds. I take offence at this, thus why I challenge her, and why I do not let her spread b*******.
 You won't much change what kk thinks, says or does I suspect, no matter what you think.  Whatever your supposed or actual private relationship with her on a public forum it scarcely counts.  Boorish behaviour is how it comes over.

JDBP wrote:Have no doubt that Cathy is "eyes open", she is not some deluded middle aged woman, she is full on eyes open, and knows what she is doing in a very calculated way, if I am wrong about that, and she is legit just deluded, then damn I have never come across anyone that psychologically damaged by spiritualism, and if that is the case than the likes of Gordon Smith and Tony Stockwell are even more evil than I previously thought for taking advantage of her and using her.
 You're fantasising, impersonator of Jon Donnis.  The real Jon Donnis may see things very differently but he stays on his own website anyway so we don't know what he actually feels...

JDBP wrote:I do not hate any of you. As I said privately I have helped Cathy in the past with the website, I have been right about certain negative elements that I told her about, she denied and has since realised I was right about. Again if at any point Cathy cannot handle me, she can delete me, no harm done, and she is still welcome on my forum.
 Yet you write with so much spite....  It's good you can sometimes help kk but you may overvalue your importance in a similar way to how you overvalue your supposed understanding.

JDBP wrote:As far as I know I have only questioned Cathy and yourself Mac in recent years, so not sure who else you are referring too.

Also I have no problem if you or anyone wants to come to my forum, and take me on, expose things I have said, destroy things I have written and so on, I am an open book and stand by everything I say.
I'm a member of BadPsychics website but I don't know which one you're a member of....

JDBP wrote:The Mannion situation is one reason why I actually like Cathy, and the fact that you do call out certain people.
As for persuading you, I have to always believe there is hope, if I just accept that you lot are too far gone, then I might as well pack up and admit defeat to the frauds for ever.
 I wonder what you think I need to be persuaded about.....  As I've said on BP, here and elsewhere personal evidential mediumship isn't something I've experienced yet I have many other experiences which demonstrated what you've yet to find for yourself.  Fraud's never been an issue for me as mediumship wasn't involved in my learning.  How, and about what, could you persuade me about anything, Jon impersonator, when you (seemingly) have no personal experience of anything but fraud?  What do you actually know to persuade or dissuade anyone other than in connection with that limited field?

JDBP wrote:Yes I do vent some frustration, as i previously said I dont get to do that on my forum any more, but as for getting the better of you, I have consistantly done just that ever since I came here, 100% record is more than just a brag, it is a fact.
 You might consider becoming a member on BP as you and the real Jon Donnis appear to feel similarly about issues.  You'd be welcome there.  

Here it appears you come mostly to rant, make mischief and vent your spleen.  It's all been heard before and other than for agreed fraudulent behaviours, the rest is largely flim flam.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Tue 2 May - 23:07

mac wrote:It's always a sadness to learn that a website has become irrelevant. Where it was predicated on such TV programming, however, it's not a surprise as it was mostly frothy entertainment. For serious discussion one needs serious individuals and serious subjects to have any chance of success.

I have to say there is more to it than just that, but it is one of the main reasons.
In a way I backed myself into a corner, because the more successful i got, the more it would hurt the site.
Afterall I expose MH and Psychics, and less people believe, then less people will care to see my site.
At its height the original BP forum had over 18,000 members, and I needed 8 staff to moderate it.

Also worth noting that forums of this kind in general have hit the shots, mainly due to facebook and twitter.
That is just the nature of things, and how things change, the BP Facebook group seems to grow daily without me putting any effort into it at all and not plugging it.

JDBP wrote:Not sure who this Jon Donnis chap is you mention, but personally I admit that I get a fix of stupid on here, which I no longer get on my forum, if I had woos on there like the old days talking about MH etc, I would have no need to come here.
I find it sad that you don't come with something to offer and have little to gain. Life changes and so did your website.

I find offence in the way you behave and kk doesn't need my support but you're so used to dissing her that I wonder if you realise how rude you actually appear. Sometimes it needs pointing out.

I know exactly how rude I am. The problem is as a person she is nice enough, have no issues at all. But as a pretend medium, she offends me, she has lied consistantly, she has tried to cover things up. And that I will always attack, I NEVER EVER attack her personally, I never attack her apeparance, where she is from, how she talks etc, only what she has claimed, and those she hero worships or covers up for.

You're fantasising, impersonator of Jon Donnis. The real Jon Donnis may see things very differently but he stays on his own website anyway so we don't know what he actually feels...

Correct, although his opinions of Tony Stockwell match my own.

Yet you write with so much spite.... It's good you can sometimes help kk but you may overvalue your importance in a similar way to how you overvalue your supposed understanding.

I dont over value anything, she has asked me for help many times, and every single time I have helped her.
Again please dont confuse the JD character, and the real person.
I am an altruist. If you knew just 10% of the things I do weekly, you would probably burst in to tears and want to hug me. Im not even kidding!
But I do not want sympathy, or help, or people patting me on the back, not my style.

I wonder what you think I need to be persuaded about..... As I've said on BP, here and elsewhere personal evidential mediumship isn't something I've experienced yet I have many other experiences which demonstrated what you've yet to find for yourself.

Knowledge unfortunately will nearly always prevent one from being fooled. Your lack of knowledge is glaring sometimes.
But you know, if i found the worlds first medium, you know, a hell of a lot of people would stand up and listen, because they know I am the UKs most knowledgeable. SO if JD is convinced there must be something in it, either that or he got paid a lot of money :D

Fraud's never been an issue for me as mediumship wasn't involved in my learning. How, and about what, could you persuade me about anything, Jon impersonator, when you (seemingly) have no personal experience of anything but fraud? What do you actually know to persuade or dissuade anyone other than in connection with that limited field?

But this limited field you talk about, includes EVERY SINGLE psychic that you or anyone else on here knows, then perhaps listening to someone with a whole lot more experience and knowledge than yourself, that could be a good thing, but your denial and self delusion prevents you, It is a catch 22 I guess.

JDBP wrote:Yes I do vent some frustration, as i previously said I dont get to do that on my forum any more, but as for getting the better of you, I have consistantly done just that ever since I came here, 100% record is more than just a brag, it is a fact.

You might consider becoming a member on BP as you and the real Jon Donnis appear to feel similarly about issues. You'd be welcome there.

Here it appears you come mostly to rant, make mischief and vent your spleen. It's all been heard before and other than for agreed fraudulent behaviours, the rest is largely flim flam.

I would if I could, but he banned me

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by mac on Tue 2 May - 23:19

(quote)    " I wonder what you think I need to be persuaded about..... As I've said on BP, here and elsewhere personal evidential mediumship isn't something I've experienced yet I have many other experiences which demonstrated what you've yet to find for yourself."

(quote)   "Knowledge unfortunately will nearly always prevent one from being fooled. Your lack of knowledge is glaring sometimes."

I've never denied my lack of knowledge.  There is much I'd like to know.  But - yet again - you have sidestepped the question I asked you directly.  Just what do you think I need to be persuaded about?  Try again, Jon impersonator, as I'm always interested in learning.

You can't have missed my statement that personal evidential mediumship hasn't influenced my approach.  I don't disagree with your approach to fraud.  But as I've not been subjected to any process you've declared as 100% fraudulent, what could you persuade me about, Jon impersonator?   You don't know what persuaded me in the first place yet you appear to feel you know what I need to be persuaded about.   Try again, Jon impersonator or acknowledge your error.

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by mac on Tue 2 May - 23:32

(quote) "Fraud's never been an issue for me as mediumship wasn't involved in my learning. How, and about what, could you persuade me about anything, Jon impersonator, when you (seemingly) have no personal experience of anything but fraud? What do you actually know to persuade or dissuade anyone other than in connection with that limited field?"

(quote) "But this limited field you talk about, includes EVERY SINGLE psychic that you or anyone else on here knows, then perhaps listening to someone with a whole lot more experience and knowledge than yourself, that could be a good thing, but your denial and self delusion prevents you, It is a catch 22 I guess."

I don't do psychics or mediums (neither of which exist anyway) so what else do you know about that I don't? What "self delusion" am I exhibiting, Jon impersonator? Explain, if you will, what is delusional in the experience I have had but you haven't.

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by mac on Tue 2 May - 23:35

(quote) " Yet you write with so much spite.... It's good you can sometimes help kk but you may overvalue your importance in a similar way to how you overvalue your supposed understanding.
I dont over value anything, she has asked me for help many times, and every single time I have helped her."

I didn't say you overvalued the help you gave kk. I said you overvalue your importance. The only measure of that is your wholly subjective assessment.

(quote) "Again please dont confuse the JD character, and the real person." I don't. Jon Donnis is found writing only on his website. You're an impersonator, a fraud,a 'JD character' as you term it. The authentic Jon Donnis always declares he writes only on his own website.

(quote) "I am an altruist. If you knew just 10% of the things I do weekly, you would probably burst in to tears and want to hug me. Im not even kidding!
But I do not want sympathy, or help, or people patting me on the back, not my style."

How does any of the above relate to your value in the psychic/mediumistic conversation?

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by mac on Tue 2 May - 23:36

(quote) "Here it appears you come mostly to rant, make mischief and vent your spleen. It's all been heard before and other than for agreed fraudulent behaviours, the rest is largely flim flam."

Nothing to add to this....

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Tue 2 May - 23:38

mac wrote:I've never denied my lack of knowledge.  There is much I'd like to know.  But - yet again - you have sidestepped the question I asked you directly.  Just what do you think I need to be persuaded about?  Try again, Jon impersonator, as I'm always interested in learning.

You forget how to quote again?
Apologies if you think I sidestepped a question.
I believe that you need to be persuaded that all mediumship is fraudulent, ghosts do not exist, and that people like Gordon Smith, Tony Stockwell and so on are bad people who do bad things to make money.

Perhaps you already know some of these things and just like to play devils advocate.

You can't have missed my statement that personal evidential mediumship hasn't influenced my approach.  I don't disagree with your approach to fraud.  But as I've not been subjected to any process you've declared as 100% fraudulent, what could you persuade me about, Jon impersonator?   You don't know what persuaded me in the first place yet you appear to feel you know what I need to be persuaded about.   Try again, Jon impersonator or acknowledge your error.

What "convinced" you in the first place that mediumship is legit?

I am not really interested in your faith, belief in an afterlife, spirits or anything like that, people can believe what they like through ignorance, faith, or self preservation. I am only interested in who conned you into thinking mediumship was a real thing.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Tue 2 May - 23:39

mac wrote:
I don't do psychics or mediums (neither of which exist anyway) so what else do you know about that I don't? What "self delusion" am I exhibiting, Jon impersonator? Explain, if you will, what is delusional in the experience I have had but you haven't.

So to understand you are a skeptic when it comes to ALL claims of mediumship, psychic ability and so on?

Apologies if i misrepresented you, I did not mean to.

ps. Notice how quiet Cathy has been since I made my challenge, guessing she is finding it harder than she thought to find a reading by Gordon that isn't obviously cold reading! lol.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Tue 2 May - 23:41

mac wrote:
I didn't say you overvalued the help you gave kk. I said you overvalue your importance. The only measure of that is your wholly subjective assessment.

God I wish you would learn how to quote.
As for my importance, I have had 3 emails today from journalists, 2 from the UK and one from the States asking for help/advice.
Yes importance is subjective, but I can only speak from my own position, the people who come to me for help, advice and so on.

I don't. Jon Donnis is found writing only on his website. You're an impersonator, a fraud,a 'JD character' as you term it. The authentic Jon Donnis always declares he writes only on his own website.

Correct

How does any of the above relate to your value in the psychic/mediumistic conversation?

Some of my altruism, is directly involved in this field.

Do you really think I would do what I do, face the abuse I do for over 13 years, if I wasn't a true altruist? That or a sadoist i guess

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by mac on Tue 2 May - 23:44

JDBP wrote:
mac wrote:I've never denied my lack of knowledge. There is much I'd like to know. But - yet again - you have sidestepped the question I asked you directly. Just what do you think I need to be persuaded about? Try again, Jon impersonator, as I'm always interested in learning.

You forget how to quote again?
Apologies if you think I sidestepped a question.
I believe that you need to be persuaded that all mediumship is fraudulent, ghosts do not exist, and that people like Gordon Smith, Tony Stockwell and so on are bad people who do bad things to make money.

Perhaps you already know some of these things and just like to play devils advocate.

You can't have missed my statement that personal evidential mediumship hasn't influenced my approach. I don't disagree with your approach to fraud. But as I've not been subjected to any process you've declared as 100% fraudulent, what could you persuade me about, Jon impersonator? You don't know what persuaded me in the first place yet you appear to feel you know what I need to be persuaded about. Try again, Jon impersonator or acknowledge your error.

What "convinced" you in the first place that mediumship is legit?

I am not really interested in your faith, belief in an afterlife, spirits or anything like that, people can believe what they like through ignorance, faith, or self preservation. I am only interested in who conned you into thinking mediumship was a real thing.

I forget many things, Jon impersonator, but I didn't forget how to quote. I elected to write in the way I did.

So I need to be persuaded of all those things, do I. Poor me, what a state of ignorance I must be living in. gah Mind you I doubt that even the guy you're impersonating would be that interested in little me to that extent.... so there

But now you're beginning to realise that your argument is built on sand in respect of my own situation. If you were the genuine article I might talk to you but you're an impostor so I'm not going to waste any effort on a pointless exercise. There's the difference - I'm kosher 'mac' whereas you're a troll impostor.

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by mac on Tue 2 May - 23:46

JDBP wrote:
mac wrote:

So to understand you are a skeptic when it comes to ALL claims of mediumship, psychic ability and so on?

Apologies if i misrepresented you, I did not mean to.

ps. Notice how quiet Cathy has been since I made my challenge, guessing she is finding it harder than she thought to find a reading by Gordon that isn't obviously cold reading! lol.

Some see me as a sceptic as you suggest but that's not the issue. I'm waiting to hear what self-delusion I'm exhibiting.

I'm not interested in how you claim kk is reacting to what you said. This isn't about her....

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by mac on Tue 2 May - 23:47

JDBP wrote:
mac wrote:

God I wish you would learn how to quote.
As for my importance, I have had 3 emails today from journalists, 2 from the UK and one from the States asking for help/advice.
Yes importance is subjective, but I can only speak from my own position, the people who come to me for help, advice and so on.

I don't. Jon Donnis is found writing only on his website. You're an impersonator, a fraud,a 'JD character' as you term it. The authentic Jon Donnis always declares he writes only on his own website.

Correct

Some of my altruism, is directly involved in this field.

Do you really think I would do what I do, face the abuse I do for over 13 years, if I wasn't a true altruist? That or a sadoist i guess

God I wish you'd stick to what I ask - my perceived ability in quoting is hardly important.

Trolls thrive on attention even when it's abusive. I have no evidence of your claimed altruism so it's so much more hot air. Likewise those who you say seek the help of someone who's an impostor. You're misleading them too.

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep - 20:03