Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

A look at so called "Celebrity Psychic" William Constantine

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

A look at so called "Celebrity Psychic" William Constantine

Post by JDBP on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 22:22

(originally posted on 08 Jan 2017)

What are your thoughts on this guy?

http://www.badpsychics.com/2017/01/a-lo ... ychic.html
Candlelight.kk

Female

Re: A look at so called "Celebrity Psychic" William Constantine

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 22:24

I think perhaps you are placing a bit too much importance on the value of Twitter and the likes of Facebook (intended pun nuts) Who really cares how many twits follow the twit or how many so-called 'friends' like him or don't?

Never heard of the guy and don't know anything about him, but according to this link he has put up himself (on his Twitter a/c) talking about 'something he's working on at the moment', it would appear that he's someone that's quite well known in the American media:  http://williamconstantine.net/3rd-eye-a-tv-drama/.  He's not the only one making big bucks out of the lucrative 'psychic industry'.
I guess if people are crazy enough to pay $250 for a 'reading' (or indeed just to be entertained for an hour) - with full foreknowledge that their money will not be refunded under any circumstances, then they must be able to afford it in the first place and probably no great loss to them if it doesn't turn out as they might've wished.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 22:27

You don't think that someone who clearly fakes their social media popularity is something to worry about?

I suggest his TV show is never made and no more than a script he wrote that he trying to get made.

The most he's done is appear on a couple of local news shows.

This article is to look at his honesty. And perhaps take a different route at examining someone who claims magic powers. After all if he is lying about one thing then he could be lying about other things.

And a vulnerable person is more likely to give money to someone with a combined 20,000 fans/likes/followers than someone with 200?

I think his whole thing is a gimmick, from his pretend doctorate to his celebrity
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 22:34

JDBP wrote:I think his whole thing is a gimmick, from his pretend doctorate to his celebrity

I agree, it has all the hallmarks of a typical cocky self-made conman leeching off the gullibility of some folk who perhaps possess more money than sense.  I see that he has latched onto the 'Intuitive' & 'Life Coaching' line - and misses no opportunity to give himself an online airing (e.g. this 'brand yourself profile': http://williamconstantine.brandyourself.com/ ) but these types are ten-a-penny in the U.S. (from what I have seen) and in many areas an accepted part of the "in-society" there.  Just as a personal shrink may be accepted as the norm, so the 'intuitive life coach' is actively sought out in some pockets of the shallow 'celeb' lifestyle.  I'm afraid I don't hold too much sympathy for the participants who are very much a part of this lifestyle and willingly contribute to its creation and success.

JDBP wrote:You don't think that someone who clearly fakes their social media popularity is something to worry about?
Like I said - ten-a-penny.   You can 'worry about' it and highlight it from the hilltops, but I think you'd just be whistling in the wind.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 22:35

Also one part of the con is that the $250 per hour reading cost, suddenly becomes $50 due to a last minute cancellation.

Plays to the psychology of if something costs more it must be better and all that.

Afterall what sounds better a medium that charges £20 per hour, or one that has a massive waiting list and charges £200 per hour.
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by Misty on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 22:37

JDBP wrote:Afterall what sounds better a medium that charges £20 per hour, or one that has a massive waiting list and charges £200 per hour.

What sounds better for the punter?  The one that charges £20 of course!

Not getting your backward kind of logic in this.   :question:

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 22:40

Misty wrote:
JDBP wrote:Afterall what sounds better a medium that charges £20 per hour, or one that has a massive waiting list and charges £200 per hour.

What sounds better for the punter?  The one that charges £20 of course!

Not getting your backward kind of logic in this.   :question:

You must be the only one then, as surely someone with a massive waiting list, and that costs a fortune must do because of being in high demand.
This is what all psychics do.

Its part of the game they play. Long imaginary waiting lists and high charges.

Would you consider a pair of shoes that costs £250 to be better than £25? And the £250 paid are in high demand and hard to get hold of.
This really is basic marketting.

Guessing you are a "smart price!" kinda gal
Misty
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Female

Post by Misty on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 22:42

JDBP wrote:Guessing you are a "smart price!" kinda gal

There's more of us around than you might think.

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 22:44

That can only be a good thing in my book. Better to be conned out of £20 than £200

mac
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male
Job/hobbies : retired

Post by mac on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 22:47

I wonder how the situation would be described when a practitioner doesn't make a charge? 

Is it a con, or a scam,  when nothing is promised, nothing is charged? 

Wasn't that the basis for some/many mediums of yesteryear?  The ones who travelled around to serve churches but didn't ask a fee....

JDBP
Seasoned Poster
Seasoned Poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 22:48

mac wrote:I wonder how the situation would be described when a practitioner doesn't make a charge? 

Is it a con, or a scam,  when nothing is promised, nothing is charged? 

Wasn't that the basis for some/many mediums of yesteryear?  The ones who travelled around to serve churches but didn't ask a fee....

Every case is different, You have certain mediums who make their money from selling books, from appearing on TV shows and so on, so they will do readings for free, as it is great PR, and helps them raise their profile as an "honest" medium.
Gordon Smith comes to mind as someone who has done that route, although he does get a cut from his Church, as well as access to "the blue book", but lets not reveal too many secrets about that or his biggest fan Cathy will get all angry.

Also many mediums who do free services in churches do in fact then get paid for one t one bookings, often it is off the books, cash in hand, no VAT paid! Afterall if you are gonna con a grieving mother of a dead baby, conning the Tax man is no big deal right?

Then there are the mediums who give free readings but sell crystals and other new age bullshit.
There are very very very few, if any truly altruistic mediums, I have yet to find one. There is always money involved, some start off that way but then they realise that they can make good money if they are clever about it.

As for the mediums of yesteryear, if you think they werent coining it on the side you are dreaming.
And lets not forget about those who did the seances, who would have sex with grieving widows, while pretending to be the manefestation of a dead husband! Oh yes, another part of spiritualism that they try to keep quiet.

I wont mention names, but i was told of a pretty famous British physical medium who molested people in the seance room.

Spiritualism really is one of the sickest most disgusting cults around. Makes scientology look positively friendly!

Current date/time is Tue 17 Oct 2017, 17:48