Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Mary Armour (Spiritualist Medium)

Candlelight.kk

Female

Mary Armour (Spiritualist Medium)

Post by Candlelight.kk on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 9:55 pm

(originally posted on 28 Sep 2013)

“Nessie D" entered following message into the contact form:

Where can I get a reading from Mary Armour. Went to see Gordon Smith on Thursday and he was amazing,unfortunately no messages for me

Hi Nessie D,

You could try contacting her on this number: 01475635104

That was her number from 6 years ago (see LINK ), so may well have changed since then.

Here is a link to her website: https://sites.google.com/site/maryarmourmedium/
Candlelight.kk

Female

Re: Mary Armour (Spiritualist Medium)

Post by Candlelight.kk on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 9:59 pm

I wonder if Nessie D ever did catch up with Mary Armour and if he/she did get to have a reading with her. If you did, Nessie D - and you happen to be passing back in here some time, I hope you'll come in and tell us how it went ... were you happy with your reading? Disappointed?
Would love to hear all about it here.  Smile

I went a few years back with a friend to a trance workshop that Mary Armour did with Gordon Smith, where they both did a demonstration of clairvoyance at the end of the day.
Wasn't really all that impressed with the workshop, tbh. I know Mary Armour is known for being quite strict with her students and "holding no prisoners". That may well work okay in her own development circle, but I must say I found her abrupt manner rather off-putting and didn't really enjoy the workshop - in stark contrast to workshops I have attended with Gordon Smith working alongside Billy Cook.

Similarly, at the demonstration in the evening, after passing a message on to someone in the audience, and before going on to the next communication she would very abruptly cut the communication by snapping the word 'CUT' while making the cutting action with her hand across her neck, rather like a movie director would do - or a sergeant-major disciplining his troops  Mr. Green  - and then march on to allow the next communicator room to have their say. Of course, every medium has a different way of doing things, and I just couldn't feel comfortable with her way at all. Whereas, Gordon has a totally different type of delivery - with him you feel you are partaking in the communication (which is how it should be, I feel) and in a much more flowing manner, with a measure of humour thrown in also. Billy Cook and Gordon Smith work well together in demonstration, as they both share the same sort of humour which comes naturally to them.

As I have said, though, that is all just my own personal opinion, whereas another person may find that Mary's way is more suitable for them.

Here, for instance, is a very favourable write-up in the Psychic News from September 2009 :
(found on her website)

It would be good to hear from others who have been to workshops, demonstrations or had a one-to-one reading from her - to get their views.

So, in that vein - I do hope we get to hear back from the OP here,
-- Nessie D ......?

Come baaaaaaack!

JDBP
Happy poster
Happy poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 10:19 pm

If she was "amazed" by a fraud like Gordon Smith, then she will believe in any old nonsense spouted by a medium, and will forever waste her money chasing the dead.

How very sad

mac
Happy poster
Happy poster

Male
Job/hobbies : retired

Post by mac on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 10:21 pm

JDBP wrote:If she was "amazed" by a fraud like Gordon Smith, then she will believe in any old nonsense spouted by a medium, and will forever waste her money chasing the dead.

How very sad

It's only money wasted when the one spending it feels it is....

JDBP
Happy poster
Happy poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 10:22 pm

If your granny gets conned into spending £5000 of her savings on a dodgy plumbing job, which she has been convinced is needed, is that a waste of money?

Would you try to warn her? Help her? What if she said she is happy spending that money to fix the problem because the plumber said it had to be done? But you know she has been conned?

Is it still a waste of money?

mac
Happy poster
Happy poster

Male

Post by mac on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 10:24 pm

JDBP wrote:If your granny gets conned into spending £5000 of her savings on a dodgy plumbing job, which she has been convinced is needed, is that a waste of money?

Would you try to warn her? Help her? What if she said she is happy spending that money to fix the problem because the plumber said it had to be done? But you know she has been conned?

A medium doesn't walk into your home and con you into having an unnecessary or over-priced sitting/seance/visit with the intention of fleecing you. The crooked tradesperson does go into a home with the intent to take whatever opportunity he can to con and overcharge the unwitting householder.

You see those situations as comparable I suppose? I don't....

mac
Happy poster
Happy poster

Male

Post by mac on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 10:24 pm

It's been a fun distraction from my serious stuff, Jon. Catcha another time maybe...

JDBP
Happy poster
Happy poster

Male

Post by JDBP on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 10:27 pm

mac wrote:
JDBP wrote:If your granny gets conned into spending £5000 of her savings on a dodgy plumbing job, which she has been convinced is needed, is that a waste of money?

A medium doesn't walk into your home and con you into having an unnecessary or over-priced sitting/seance/visit with the intention of fleecing you. The crooked tradesperson does go into a home with the intent to take whatever opportunity he can to con and overcharge the unwitting householder.

I am unaware of any plumber knocking on someones door and saying you have a broken toilet let me fix it for you it will cost you £500

I am guessing you have more aggresive plumbers in your area!

mac
Happy poster
Happy poster

Male

Post by mac on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 10:28 pm

JDBP wrote:
mac wrote:

I am unaware of any plumber knocking on someones door and saying you have a broken toilet let me fix it for you it will cost you £500

I am guessing you have more aggresive plumbers in your area!

Oh yes! They're buggers! Mr. Green

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 10:17 am