Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

New poll - new style?

Candlelight.kk

Female

New poll - new style?

Post by Candlelight.kk on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 11:31 am

Time for a change?  I think so, but of course not everyone will have the same view.
This new style is called 'Abandon'.  Please let me know what you think by voting in the Poll.  The style and the Poll will remain for 14 days.  After that everyone will have the option, as before, to choose the style of their preference.

So, let's see what you think.  Come on, everyone participate, active users and guests alike.
Variety is the spice of life ~ A change is good as a rest, etc....

Last edited by Candlelight.kk on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Feather
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Re: New poll - new style?

Post by Feather on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 11:32 am

The new look is simply stunning. I adore it---the best I've ever seen.Keep, keep, keep!!

Banish the darkness of ignorance. Encourage the light of knowledge.
lar-lar
Happy poster
Happy poster

Female

Post by lar-lar on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 11:45 am

let me find that poll! I hate it! its dark,depressing and downright awful,when it come up,i flinched back in horror. yuk,yuk,yuk.

Think i dont like it then!
Feather
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Feather on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 11:50 am

o, lAR-lAR, I'm sorry to see your post on the possible new look. To me it is classy not depressing at all. Each to his own, eh? The bright colours of the smilies and avatars stand out beautifully against the black. Just have a butchers at this----

Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 11:53 am

Oh, I kinda like it. It's a bit of a shock to the system at first, but I find it so much easier on the eye and, like Feather says, things stand out so much clearer. Even the annoying Google ads seem more tolerable now. (only thing is the links on front page seem to have disappeared, when in fact they haven't, they're still there if you hover your cursor over them - so must mean they're typed in black).
lynneandjohn
Home away from home
Home away from home

Female

Post by lynneandjohn on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 11:59 am

sorry guys but it gives me the colly wobbles. don't mean to sound negative but it made me flinch too,it's bit too clinical for me. lovely in a kitchen though with a bit of cherry red thrown in just like mine.
Feather
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Feather on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 12:00 pm

Well we all have different tastes--- in kitchens as well as forum layouts. I don't see it as clinical either. To me it is classic and stylish.
The blue and white is perfect as a foil to the black.What do you mean it gives you the "collywobbles", lynne?

Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 12:02 pm

lol  Sorry Lynne for plonking you behind the kitchen sink.  :shock:  You (and Lar-Lar) won't have to suffer it for too long.  It'll just be for another few days (well, 13 to be exact) until the poll finishes and then you'll be able to have your own choice back again.  razz  Hope that's not gonna stop you popping in until then.

Be sure to put your vote in the Poll.  It's on the Home Page bottom right-hand corner.  Just click the 'HATE IT' box - and then click on VOTE.
Misty
Happy poster
Happy poster

Female

Post by Misty on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 12:04 pm

thought I pressed the wrong button first! Its funny becuase I looked at the thought for today and it says time for a change. but Im not sure i like this change too much. i didn't like the first change really- still use the old one the nice peaceful blue. pleeeease can i have my blue back.this one makes me feel like crying.
lynneandjohn
Home away from home
Home away from home

Female

Post by lynneandjohn on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 12:06 pm

no probs candlelight. i'm sure i can cope till then. love being in my kitchen so that's ok
the colly wobbles meaning gives me the shivers a wee bit. bit scary and cold. love the old warm inviting one, light and airy.just not for a forum i guess, like green would'nt be what i'd choose for my hair colour. no offence to any green rinses out there.
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 12:07 pm

Your kitchen sounds lovely, Lynne.
The kitchen is the most important room in the house.  The hub of the home.  I spend more time in my kitchen than anywhere else, but NOT chained behind the kitchen sink or slaving over a hot oven though!!  I've even been known to have the odd hooley in the kitchen.
(music, dancing, singing I mean - thought I should quickly explain that  lol ) 
Feather
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Feather on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 12:08 pm

OK, lynne.I get what you're saying. Funny how peeps react so differently to the same thing. Good job you'll have your own choice
at the end.

Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 12:11 pm

Oh DEAR!!! I've just logged in from my computer at work and seeing the new style of the board from there Aaargh - Now I can see just what Lar-Lar and Lynne are talking about - it's completely DIFFERENT from the view that my own computer at home gives. At home it does look really classy and sleek and shiny - but from another computer dull and yukky! So .... poll or not, when I get home I'm fixing it back that everyone instantly has their own choice of what style to keep. (I'll be keeping this one as only ever have chance to use the computer from home anyway, and I guess Feather will choose this style also, must have the same view as I have).

As for the rest - I'm just soooo sorry for inflicting this horror upon you!! Please have patience until I sort it out this evening.

Love, Candlelight x x x
lynneandjohn
Home away from home
Home away from home

Female

Post by lynneandjohn on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 12:13 pm

no fears candlelight. never knew comps could give a different look. maybe feathers is like yours at home then. love sleek and classy too but now you can see why this is'nt. had to giggle though
lar-lar
Happy poster
Happy poster

Female

Post by lar-lar on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 12:14 pm

I love black in many ways but not for a forum-unless it was for a halloween one-off! Funny how it looks so differents on another comp.candlelight.I loved the last green one but i wouldnt be too fussed really[i think!]but i think it should be green or blues ,at least a lot brighter! Now i feel guilty for feather liking this so much and having a part in taking it away.
Feather
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Feather on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 12:15 pm

No worries, lar-lar.After all, it's the content of the posts which matters not the colour of the screen.
BTW---mine's lovely and shiny-chic.xxx.

Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 12:17 pm

OK - everything back to "normal" now. But you have the choice to change to your own personal preference.
To do that - go to your Profile and down to Preferences. Then in Board Style you'll find 3 options.
'Acid' is the default style (greeny orangey).
Feather - if you want to keep the black/blue (like me), then your choice will be 'Abandon' - and then click on 'Submit'
Misty - if you prefer the original 'calm and peaceful blue', then your choice should be 'F1 Apple Blue'
Lynne - if you want to stay out of the kitchen(!) - abandon the 'Abandon' !!

(PS: You will only see this change when you log in. If you're viewing simply as a 'guest' you will only see the default view ('Acid')
lynneandjohn
Home away from home
Home away from home

Female

Post by lynneandjohn on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 12:28 pm

we can choose our own lar so no probs there.must say it was nice to see the old board when i got home from work though.i was insulting my poor kitchen really but did'nt like to say to much.
lar-lar
Happy poster
Happy poster

Female

Post by lar-lar on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 12:29 pm

i like this blue so i'll have this one!
Candlelight.kk

Female

Post by Candlelight.kk on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 12:30 pm

I'm still using the Abandon style, but just noticed that some of the old posts done in coloured font like 'past thoughts for the day' can't be read with the black background. The type should be a darkish green but you can't see anything at all with black background. How about you Feather? Are you still using the black/blue?

I'll have to go through them all and take off the font colour.
Feather
VIP member
VIP member

Female

Post by Feather on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 12:31 pm

Sure thing, Candlelight---and still love it. It is CLASSY, lassie!! xxx.

Current date/time is Sat 19 Aug 2017, 9:34 pm