Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

3 posters

What do we remember after death?

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

What do we remember after death? Empty What do we remember after death?

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 16:05

Some food for thought for all of us:

(from Michael Tymn's Blog) 

What Do We Remember After Death?
    Posted on 09 December 2019, 9:47

When my wife said not long ago that I should try to communicate with her after I die, I pondered on what I might be able to do or say that would be evidential to her.  I told her that I am not sure how much I’ll remember or how much of that I would be able to get through a medium or otherwise.  Based on psychical research, it’s usually a matter of the communication being by ideas and symbols and then converted into language by a medium. The ideas and symbols are often misinterpreted.
    more  http://whitecrowbooks.com/michaeltymn/entry/what_do_we_remember_after_death
    mac
    mac

What do we remember after death? Empty Re: What do we remember after death?

Post by mac Thu 23 Jan 2020 - 2:15

Candlelight.kk wrote:Some food for thought for all of us:

(from Michael Tymn's Blog) 

What Do We Remember After Death?
    Posted on 09 December 2019, 9:47

When my wife said not long ago that I should try to communicate with her after I die, I pondered on what I might be able to do or say that would be evidential to her.  I told her that I am not sure how much I’ll remember or how much of that I would be able to get through a medium or otherwise.  Based on psychical research, it’s usually a matter of the communication being by ideas and symbols and then converted into language by a medium. The ideas and symbols are often misinterpreted.
    more  http://whitecrowbooks.com/michaeltymn/entry/what_do_we_remember_after_death

Memory is a topic I've looked at elsewhere. It's tempting to think we'll remember stuff from the time we were incarnate here but as I see things, memory is at least a partially physical phenomenon. It may be predominantly physical for trivial issues but I can understand how some material - perhaps linked to strong emotion - is impressed on our psyches and retained after we pass over.

We appear to have a 'dross filter' in our memory system when we're incarnate - most of us probably recall just small fractions of the totality of our earth experiences with most memories inaccesible if they're recorded at all in the longer term. Maybe we have an equivalent spiritual filter, retaining just the most important materials and emotions, the rest just fading away?

As when we're incarnate there must surely be much variability between individuals when we're no longer in-the-body. Some will retain and be able to access more details than others.
    evergreen
    evergreen

Post by evergreen Thu 23 Jan 2020 - 15:30

I don't think I'd be any much good at remembering any pre-arranged code to pass on to anyone after my death, considering half the time I have trouble remembering everyday things from the past week, or even yesterday.
    I reckon when I eventually pass over I'll have forgotten about everyone and everything in my earthly life.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Thu 23 Jan 2020 - 15:59

evergreen wrote:I don't think I'd be any much good at remembering any pre-arranged code to pass on to anyone after my death, considering half the time I have trouble remembering everyday things from the past week, or even yesterday.
    I reckon when I eventually pass over I'll have forgotten about everyone and everything in my earthly life.

Maybe we'll forget details about people and events but retain in our psyches the memory that they were once important to us?

As for remembering after death any special codes to communicate back to prove survival there's a major issue because physical memory is lost when the brain ceases to function. Whether there is little transfer of details to a non-volatile memory, something associated with our spiritual selves, I have no idea.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 9:30