Light After Life

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

CORONAVIRUS: All the latest LIVE updates from around the world
Message to all: Stay safe, stay well, stay at home - and stay in touch.
The Video of the Week now showing on our Portal page is: 'Edgar Cayce - The Sleeping Prophet'

Petition to 'Save the American Society for Psychical Research'

Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Posts : 3068
Location : London
Points : 6781

Petition to 'Save the American Society for Psychical Research' Empty Petition to 'Save the American Society for Psychical Research'

Post by Candlelight.kk on Mon 11 Nov 2019, 21:59

Not looking too good for the ASPR. 

This Change.org petition was started a week ago by T.C. Goodsort:

Save the American Society for Psychical Research!

Petition to 'Save the American Society for Psychical Research' ViytvDutewVBYdH-800x450-noPad


The American Society for Psychical Research must be saved!

The present Board, the Executive Director and President have allowed this society to be run into the ground. They need outing from the society and thoroughly questioned! As a non-profit charity and educational institution, the ASPR for a long time has not been offering what it should be. No one has gained 'real access' for educational purposes for a long time, they ignore emails, telephone calls and have produced nothing since 2004! The journal stopped in 2004, the newsletter stopped, no annual conferences, and no research (or research being funded). People have visited and had no answer at the door on days it is meant to be open. People have even sat and waited on the steps all day! Prior booking for use of the library does not seem possible since no one answers the telephone or emails. The current Board/Council are not displayed anywhere but the tax returns, and their contact details are not public. Both should be! Restructuring and continuity must be established by organisations such as the Parapsychology Foundation, Rhine Research Center and the Society for Psychical Research (UK). This has gone on for far too long! See the extract below of the situation (in brief) from the Psi Encyclopedia:

........

Read more:  For further details and to sign the Petition, check the link  arrow HERE
mac
mac

Posts : 882
Location : east midlands of England
Points : 2129
Job/hobbies : retired

Petition to 'Save the American Society for Psychical Research' Empty Re: Petition to 'Save the American Society for Psychical Research'

Post by mac on Tue 12 Nov 2019, 00:12

Candlelight.kk wrote:Not looking too good for the ASPR. 

This Change.org petition was started a week ago by T.C. Goodsort:

Save the American Society for Psychical Research!

Petition to 'Save the American Society for Psychical Research' ViytvDutewVBYdH-800x450-noPad


The American Society for Psychical Research must be saved!

The present Board, the Executive Director and President have allowed this society to be run into the ground. They need outing from the society and thoroughly questioned! As a non-profit charity and educational institution, the ASPR for a long time has not been offering what it should be. No one has gained 'real access' for educational purposes for a long time, they ignore emails, telephone calls and have produced nothing since 2004! The journal stopped in 2004, the newsletter stopped, no annual conferences, and no research (or research being funded). People have visited and had no answer at the door on days it is meant to be open. People have even sat and waited on the steps all day! Prior booking for use of the library does not seem possible since no one answers the telephone or emails. The current Board/Council are not displayed anywhere but the tax returns, and their contact details are not public. Both should be! Restructuring and continuity must be established by organisations such as the Parapsychology Foundation, Rhine Research Center and the Society for Psychical Research (UK). This has gone on for far too long! See the extract below of the situation (in brief) from the Psi Encyclopedia:

........

Read more:  For further details and to sign the Petition, check the link  arrow HERE

It's a puzzle why the organisation isn't active..... Not sure the request for a $7 donation is justified though - that's just under 6 quid!
Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Posts : 3068
Location : London
Points : 6781

Petition to 'Save the American Society for Psychical Research' Empty Re: Petition to 'Save the American Society for Psychical Research'

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 12 Nov 2019, 09:55

mac wrote:Not sure the request for a $7 donation is justified though - that's just under 6 quid!

huh   Not sure what you are referring to there, mac? question   I can't see any mention of a donation?  scratch head
mac
mac

Posts : 882
Location : east midlands of England
Points : 2129
Job/hobbies : retired

Petition to 'Save the American Society for Psychical Research' Empty Re: Petition to 'Save the American Society for Psychical Research'

Post by mac on Tue 12 Nov 2019, 13:00

Candlelight.kk wrote:
mac wrote:Not sure the request for a $7 donation is justified though - that's just under 6 quid!

huh   Not sure what you are referring to there, mac? question   I can't see any mention of a donation?  scratch head

I followed the link, added my name to support the petition and after I did a window opened suggesting a $7 donation.
Candlelight.kk
Candlelight.kk
.
.

Posts : 3068
Location : London
Points : 6781

Petition to 'Save the American Society for Psychical Research' Empty Re: Petition to 'Save the American Society for Psychical Research'

Post by Candlelight.kk on Tue 12 Nov 2019, 14:23

mac wrote:
Candlelight.kk wrote:
mac wrote:Not sure the request for a $7 donation is justified though - that's just under 6 quid!

huh   Not sure what you are referring to there, mac? question   I can't see any mention of a donation?  scratch head

I followed the link, added my name to support the petition and after I did a window opened suggesting a $7 donation.

Aah ... not connected to the ASPR itself, that would be a voluntary donation request from the company that organises the petition, Change.org - to help towards the upkeep of that organisation and the remarkable work it does in creating, organising and publicising the various causes championed through the petitions that they run.


    Current date/time is Wed 15 Jul 2020, 18:53