Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Resizing of images

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Resizing of images Empty Resizing of images

Post by Candlelight.kk Mon 11 Mar 2019 - 14:45

Resizing of images Whatsn10

Just a note to let you know that there is a size restriction on the images posted throughout the Forum.
    This has been put in place in order to save space and to make the message areas less cluttered and easier to read.  Any images posted over 200 x 300 pixels (I think!) will automatically re-size when posting, so you don't have to worry about whether it's too large ... we don't have to do anything, the board will automatically do it all for us.  When a larger picture has been automatically re-sized, you will have the option to 'click to enlarge' or 'click for full size' (just click on those words which you will find above the picture and you will be able to see the image in its full size.  Then the words above it will say something like 'click to reduce this image' which, when clicked, will bring it back to the tidy re-sized image.

Avatars (images for your Profile), however, are now limited to 150 x 150 pixels (or it might be 200 x 200 ... can't remember now ... drunken ) but it will tell you when setting your avatar if the pic is too large to fit in your Profile area.  Existing ones will have been automatically re-sized, but if you are considering changing your avatar or setting a new one and it tells you it is too large, I am afraid you will have to re-size it yourself before uploading here on the Forum.
    A good, reputable and easy and free to use site for re-sizing pictures is PicResizehttp://www.picresize.com/
    You don't have to have an account with them - just go to the site and follow the instructions.  (I have used them many times, so I know they are good - and quite honestly - if I can do it, anyone can! Mr. Green )

As well as the above, you also have the option to pick something from the Forum's Avatar Gallery.  Lots of different sections (pick your choice from above and then press GO. It will take you to a choice of avatars under the headings Animals, Cartoons, Films, lots more and a miscellaneous section too.  All the avatars in the Forum's Avatar Gallery are sized within the accepted limit.  Select the avatar you would like to appear in your Profile and don't forget to click 'Save'.  Immediately, that picture will be in your Profile.