Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

Paranormal Review - 86 (Spring 2018)

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Paranormal Review - 86 (Spring 2018) Empty Paranormal Review - 86 (Spring 2018)

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 5 Dec 2018 - 13:29

Paranormal Review, 86 (Spring 2018)

Editorial - Spring 2018:
    We were all saddened recently by the news of Guy Lyon Playfair’s death. The world of psychical research has surely lost one of its brighter lights. The Psi Society column this issue carries a brief obituary and it is hoped that a future issue of the magazine might be dedicated to his memory. To this end, I would like to invite articles on the subject of ‘Guy Lyon Playfair: His Life and Work’ and would be delighted to hear from anyone wishing to write something, whether it is an analysis of an aspect of his work or recollection of a fond memory. As an example, please see the Tanous issue (PR78).

Our regular contributors, as always, do not fail to disappoint. The Society’s President, Prof. John Poynton continues his series on the SPR’s philosopher-presidents. The Museum of Witchcraft & Magic’s Dr Peter Hewitt contributes another piece on an item from the Museum’s unique holdings. Brandon Hodge brings his expertise to bear once more on an instrument for the supposed communication with the Other World. Our Events Reporter, Ashley Knibb, has been out and about again and this time presents a report on Dr Serena Roney-Dougal’s recent lecture to the Society.

Special contributions to this issue include Michael Tymn’s overview and chronology of the history of psychical research before the establishment of the SPR in 1882, with assistance from Dr Carlos Alvarado. Mark Lamont joins us to re-open the Versailles time-slip case.

Last issue’s Spontaneous Activity contribution has inspired another SPR member to get in touch with an account of a dream that seemed to involve communication with the departed about future events. In my line of work, I am always surprised by the number of people who have personal stories to tell of the paranormal and whole-heartedly encourage everyone reading this to get in touch with their own.

Finally, Olympus have again generously agreed to support the Paranormal Review Photography Competition by providing a magnificent first prize. I am sure that, like me, you are looking forward to seeing what this year’s entrants send in.

Dr Leo Ruickbie
    Editor

Read more: arrow HERE

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 5:02