Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

5 posters

SNU issues directive on the practise of 'psychic surgery'

mac

SNU issues directive on the practise of 'psychic surgery' - Page 1 Empty Re: SNU issues directive on the practise of 'psychic surgery'

Post by mac Sun 4 Nov 2018 - 0:54

That doesn't persuade me and, frankly, it makes no difference who writes what when it's all nonsensical clap-trap anyway - troll or authentic debunker alike. Rolling Eyes
    evergreen
    evergreen

SNU issues directive on the practise of 'psychic surgery' - Page 1 Empty Re: SNU issues directive on the practise of 'psychic surgery'

Post by evergreen Sun 4 Nov 2018 - 12:13

An interesting read on Psychic Surgery - Psychic Surgery: A Second Look

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 4 Nov 2018 - 12:33

I wonder just how many SNU churches so-called psychic surgery might have applied to anyway?

That was never something I associated with Modern Spiritualism's churches or centres. Was I wrong?

Spiritual healing yes of course.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 4 Nov 2018 - 12:40

Misty wrote:
    JDBP wrote:
    So yeah, the SNU basically trying to ban Physical Mediumship is purely out of self preservation, and trying to put off the inevitable scandal that I would hope will come out.

So correct me if I am wrong, but this directive is all about Psychic Surgery, not Physical Mediumship! Where does it say the SNU are trying to ban Physical Mediumship???

Take the blinkers off JDBP. You have gone into a different subject here. Saying that, its a subject well worth investigating on its own, but a seperate topic from this one.

great point Misty! Thanks for pointing out all the nonsense of his rant.

But isn't this just typical of a faker who's full of self-importance, someone believing he has relevance, a poser? Someone who knows nothing but thinks he knows everything and comes here when he's got no audience elsewhere.

One sad individual..... Crying or Very sad
    evergreen
    evergreen

Post by evergreen Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 16:20

So this rule only applies to SNU accredited healers?  It's a very complex situation as (in the UK at least) there are other bodies with rules governing the administration of spiritual healing, with differing rules to each other. So, in theory, an individual could be a member of more than one of those overseeing bodies, practising with compliance to the code of practice of one or the other of those, depending on which rule suits the prevailing circumstances.

For example. SNU rules - Healing is administered by the simple acts such as, the laying on of hands, or the direction of thoughts from a distance. SNU Healing does not involve massage or manipulation.

UK Healers - "This organisation was formed because their were so many organisations trying to have there own rules determining how healing should be done" ... iow, we are not SNU accredited and so don't need to follow those rules - we'll make up our own!

Then there is the National Federation of Spiritual Healers - a 'Charity' which claims to have "over 50 Healing Centres throughout the UK, staffed by volunteers, where Healing is available to the public on a regular basis, and runs a Referral Register of qualified Healer Members." Presumably with their own qualifying rules and accreditation.

Psychic Surgery rules, OTOH, suggest that practitioners of psychic surgery can supposedly get a diagnosis from their supposed spirit surgeons but the code of conduct says they cannot diagnose, or claim to cure.  Yet, massage and manipulation is the main trait in this type of practice, and all the known claimed psychic surgeons in the UK boast on their websites to both diagnose and cure all kinds of serious diseases. Many of these UK so-called psychic surgeons have been called out by the ASA for contravening existing trading standards rules, yet still continue to operate, raking in lucrative profits in the process. Gary Mannion is one name that immediately springs to mind, another being Ray Brown, who advertises himself as a "world renowned spiritual healer and surgeon"
    Misleading Advertising: Ray Brown Healing breaches UK Ad Codes with unproven claims for spiritual healing services on their website raybrownhealing.com

This is an updated version of an entry originally placed on the list of non-compliant online advertisers in May 2015. It was decided in May 2018 to update the information on this page to reflect the current claims on the advertiser's website.

The CAP Compliance team has contacted Raymond Brown on several occasions about claims to treat health conditions, including: “sciatica and disc problems, frozen shoulders, carpal tunnel, joint pain, tennis elbow, arthritis, rheumatism, IBS, stomach pain, endometriosis, hiatus hernia, infertility, eyes, ear, nose, and throat problems, ME, neurological conditions, and heart conditions”.

CAP and ASA are yet to see robust evidence that Raymond Brown is suitably qualified to treat the more serious of these conditions such as infertility, endometriosis and heart conditions, or that he holds robust evidence to prove that he can treat the less serious conditions e.g. joint pain.

Despite repeated requests to remove the problem claims, they continue to appear on Raymond Brown's website [Only admins are allowed to see this link] Because of the continued non-compliance we took the decision to place its details on this section of the ASA website on 19 May 2015.

Since May 2015 the site raybrownhealing.com has been updated to include a disclaimer that Ray Brown is not medically trained. This would seem to further confirm that the above claims breach the CAP Code.

These details shall remain in place until such time as [Only admins are allowed to see this link] has removed or appropriately amended the claims to ensure compliance with the CAP Code.

In my opinion, it's a sad fact that this new SNU directive is not going to make the slightest bit of difference as far as the charlatans and chancers are concerned, whatever they choose to call themselves.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 23:19

evergreen wrote:So this rule only applies to SNU accredited healers?  It's a very complex situation as (in the UK at least) there are other bodies with rules governing the a......e up our own!

Then there is the National Federation of Spiritual Healers - a 'Charity' which claims to have "over 50 Healing Centres throughout the UK, staffed by volunteers, where Healing is available to the public on a regular basis, and runs a Referral Register of qualified Healer Members." Presumably with their own qualifying rules and accreditation.

Psychic Surgery rules, OTOH, suggest that practitioners of psychic surgery can supposed.................e, raking in lucrative profits in the process. Gary Mannion is one name that immediately springs to mind, another being Ray Brown, who advertises himself as a "world renowned spiritual healer and surgeon"
    Misleading Advertising: Ray Brown Healing breaches UK Ad Codes with unproven claims for spiritual healing services on their website raybrownhealing.com

This is an updated version of an entry or..............such time as [Only admins are allowed to see this link] has removed or appropriately amended the claims to ensure compliance with the CAP Code.

In my opinion, it's a sad fact that this new SNU directive is not going to make the slightest bit of difference as far as the charlatans and chancers are concerned, whatever they choose to call themselves.

On your final point sadly I agree with what you've said.

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 9:44