Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

5 posters

SNU issues directive on the practise of 'psychic surgery'

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

SNU issues directive on the practise of 'psychic surgery' Empty SNU issues directive on the practise of 'psychic surgery'

Post by Candlelight.kk Fri 26 Oct 2018 - 15:05

'Union issues directive on 'psychic surgery' in its churches'

from Psychic News magazine - November 2018 issue
    ( https://lightafterlife.forumotion.com/t1203-psychic-news-november-2018 )

The Spiritualists' National Union (SNU) has told its churches not to allow demonstrations of psychic surgery and warned that they could legally amount to "bodily assault".

A statement in SNU Today headed "Advice on psychic surgery" said the union had recently received "enquiries from churches who have been approached to hold demonstrations of psychic surgery".

The statement starts:

" Psychic surgery is not permissible in SNU churches or practisable by its healing mediums. 

The union, like other major healing bodies, defines spiritual healing only in terms of the transference of healing energies from the world of spirit to the patient by the laying-on of hands or at a distance: this is what is referred to in the Rules for Churches as Spiritual healing, and psychic surgery does not come within the definition of Spiritualist healing."

The statement ends:

" Our churches and we ourselves have a duty of care in the way we approach the delicate administration of healing gifts and we must ensure that healing is conducted in ways which do not infringe those laws or standards of public safety or human sensibilities.

This applies equally whether the event is taking place on or away from the church premises. "

For anyone unsure when approached with offers of non-mainstream activities for their church, please contact the Spiritualists' National Union Head Office at Redwoods, where advice can be found.

link   https://www.snu.org.uk/head-office

Telephone: 01279 816363

Redwoods, Stansted Hall, Stansted Mountifichet, CM24 8UD
    mac
    mac

SNU issues directive on the practise of 'psychic surgery' Empty Re: SNU issues directive on the practise of 'psychic surgery'

Post by mac Sat 27 Oct 2018 - 20:30

very interesting
    JDBP

SNU issues directive on the practise of 'psychic surgery' Empty Re: SNU issues directive on the practise of 'psychic surgery'

Post by JDBP Sat 3 Nov 2018 - 9:43

So Cathy will confirm this is me. She emailed me an angry email, I replied, everything is ok now, and I thought I would come here to reply to a message.

I actually know a lot more about this and the real reasons.
    This is nothing to do with the likes of Mannion etc and them getting caught committing fraud and that looking bad on the church, this is 100% to do with the whole "Me Too" movement.

Some of you will know that in the past especially back in the 70s that physical mediumship was basically used a guise to rape women, yes the widows would go to these seances and their dead husbands would supposedly manifest and then have sex with them. Of course this was all a scam and really the medium. (This is mentioned in Psychic Mafia if you want some first hand accounts)

Well sadly this practice did not stop in the 70s, and i had heard of a few accounts similar to this about 5 or 6 years ago by a very well known medium, use your imagination and you can figure out who.

Of course without actual proof, and the person demanding to stay anonymous, I can hardly publish anything, so I just advised to go to the police etc, but out of shame and embarrassment they never did.

In modern times it was more things like molestation as opposed to full on sex again use your imagination, but with the whole me too movement, quite a few women were allegedly paid off by an unknown person when they came forward, when they figured out it was all a scam, and this went all the way to the top. Again use your imagination and you can figure out all the details using logical guess work. Personally I make no claims, statements or accusations, just repeating what I have heard over the years, and this is purely an opinion I am giving now.

Well now fast forward to now, and especially with Mannion getting caught on video, there is fear that more videos could be out there, so the SNU has to protect itself, as if this all got out and had video proof they would be facing the same kind of crisis that the Catholic Church is facing.

Ask yourself, why would any fake medium decide to do physical mediumship and pretend to be dead husbands or dead wives?

Physical mediumship is all fake, you can go back and study the famous female mediums who did all this, they were sleeping around all over the shop. If you don't think they did it too in the seance rooms then you are naive AF.
    Which medium slept with the skeptic investigating her to get him not to expose her?

So yeah, the SNU basically trying to ban Physical Mediumship is purely out of self preservation, and trying to put off the inevitable scandal that I would hope will come out.

But don't fool yourself that this is anything to do with them wanting higher levels of proof, or trying to clean up the industry, it is not, this is purely about them protecting themselves from huge lawsuits and a scandal that would destroy the church.

I have alluded to all of this in the past, and sadly it has never come out, perhaps now with Me Too some brave women might come forward and point some fingers.

And before any bigwigs who undoubtably will read this contact me and threaten me. Remember I ALWAYS hold something back. So try it at your own peril.
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Sat 3 Nov 2018 - 15:47

JDBP wrote:
    So yeah, the SNU basically trying to ban Physical Mediumship is purely out of self preservation, and trying to put off the inevitable scandal that I would hope will come out.

So correct me if I am wrong, but this directive is all about Psychic Surgery, not Physical Mediumship! Where does it say the SNU are trying to ban Physical Mediumship???

Take the blinkers off JDBP. You have gone into a different subject here. Saying that, its a subject well worth investigating on its own, but a seperate topic from this one.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 3 Nov 2018 - 17:55

Misty wrote:
    JDBP wrote:

So correct me if I am wrong, but this directive is all about Psychic Surgery, not Physical Mediumship! Where does it say the SNU are trying to ban Physical Mediumship???

Take the blinkers off JDBP. You have gone into a different subject here. Saying that, its a subject well worth investigating on its own, but a seperate topic from this one.

Absolutely correct, Misty. The article in the SNU Today publication was headed 'Advice on Psychic Surgery' and goes on to say " Psychic surgery is not permissible in SNU churches or practisable by its healing mediums. The union, like other major healing bodies, defines spiritual healing only in terms of the transference of healing energies from the world of spirit to the patient by the laying-on of hands or at a distance: this is what is referred to in the Rules for Churches as Spiritual healing, and psychic surgery does not come within the definition of Spiritualist healing."
    There is no mention whatsoever throughout the article of Physical Mediumship. It is purely Psychic Surgery that is the issue here.

Put short - what they are saying is that psychic surgery is not an acceptable activity under the umbrella of mediumship. Whereas 'spiritual healing' is very much an important part of what mediumship is all about, 'psychic surgery' is not the same thing as mediumistic 'spiritual healing'. There are already strict rules imposed surrounding the healing practices involved with mediumship - like not being allowed to diagnose, etc - and anything outside of those rules is not acceptable under the SNU's insurable conditions.

Regarding the other issues to which JDBP has referred -
    @JDBP: Quoting Lamar Keene's 'The Psychic Mafia' as a respectable, authoritative area of reference is just laughable!
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sat 3 Nov 2018 - 20:30

The whole piece by the faker purporting to be Jon Donnis is laughable or rather it's pathetic. Guess he's got no-one to talk to at so he comes here.

How pathetic is THAT! Rolling Eyes
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 3 Nov 2018 - 21:26

mac wrote:the faker purporting to be Jon Donnis

Mac,
    I can confirm that the person who posts as JDBP here IS Jon Donnis - of BP (BadPsychics) notoriety.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sat 3 Nov 2018 - 22:24

Candlelight.kk wrote:

Mac,
    I can confirm that the person who posts as JDBP here IS Jon Donnis - of BP (BadPsychics) notoriety.

Jon Donnis has boasted he writes nowhere apart from his own website. (I believe I'm right saying that.)

If he's not faking his identity here, if he's genuinely Jon Donnis, then that same individual on the Bad Psychics website is misleading readers.

If he's prepared to mislead folk about that he may mislead folk about anything.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 3 Nov 2018 - 22:48

mac wrote:
    Candlelight.kk wrote:

Mac,

Jon Donnis has boasted he writes nowhere apart from his own website. (I believe I'm right saying that.)

If he's not faking his identity here, if he's genuinely Jon Donnis, then that same individual on the Bad Psychics website is misleading readers.

If he's prepared to mislead folk about that he may mislead folk about anything.

lol - He does manage to mislead himself a lot of the time. Rolling Eyes
    That notice on his website, however, became necessary as a direct result of the vast amount of deliberate impersonations of him that were occurring around the net ... by that eejit MU (& other aliases) - the same idiotic psycho who has impersonated you in the past - and me, and a crowd of other people, in various places discussing the subject of physical mediumship, in particular.

PS: (Just for the record - We know exactly who is behind all those trolling shenanigans).
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 4 Nov 2018 - 0:54

That doesn't persuade me and, frankly, it makes no difference who writes what when it's all nonsensical clap-trap anyway - troll or authentic debunker alike. Rolling Eyes
    evergreen
    evergreen

Post by evergreen Sun 4 Nov 2018 - 12:13

An interesting read on Psychic Surgery - Psychic Surgery: A Second Look

http://anomalyinfo.com/Topics/psychic-surgery-second-look
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 4 Nov 2018 - 12:33

I wonder just how many SNU churches so-called psychic surgery might have applied to anyway?

That was never something I associated with Modern Spiritualism's churches or centres. Was I wrong?

Spiritual healing yes of course.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 4 Nov 2018 - 12:40

Misty wrote:
    JDBP wrote:

great point Misty! Thanks for pointing out all the nonsense of his rant.

But isn't this just typical of a faker who's full of self-importance, someone believing he has relevance, a poser? Someone who knows nothing but thinks he knows everything and comes here when he's got no audience elsewhere.

One sad individual..... Crying or Very sad
    evergreen
    evergreen

Post by evergreen Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 16:20

So this rule only applies to SNU accredited healers?  It's a very complex situation as (in the UK at least) there are other bodies with rules governing the administration of spiritual healing, with differing rules to each other. So, in theory, an individual could be a member of more than one of those overseeing bodies, practising with compliance to the code of practice of one or the other of those, depending on which rule suits the prevailing circumstances.

For example. SNU rules - Healing is administered by the simple acts such as, the laying on of hands, or the direction of thoughts from a distance. SNU Healing does not involve massage or manipulation.

UK Healers - "This organisation was formed because their were so many organisations trying to have there own rules determining how healing should be done" ... iow, we are not SNU accredited and so don't need to follow those rules - we'll make up our own!

Then there is the National Federation of Spiritual Healers - a 'Charity' which claims to have "over 50 Healing Centres throughout the UK, staffed by volunteers, where Healing is available to the public on a regular basis, and runs a Referral Register of qualified Healer Members." Presumably with their own qualifying rules and accreditation.

Psychic Surgery rules, OTOH, suggest that practitioners of psychic surgery can supposedly get a diagnosis from their supposed spirit surgeons but the code of conduct says they cannot diagnose, or claim to cure.  Yet, massage and manipulation is the main trait in this type of practice, and all the known claimed psychic surgeons in the UK boast on their websites to both diagnose and cure all kinds of serious diseases. Many of these UK so-called psychic surgeons have been called out by the ASA for contravening existing trading standards rules, yet still continue to operate, raking in lucrative profits in the process. Gary Mannion is one name that immediately springs to mind, another being Ray Brown, who advertises himself as a "world renowned spiritual healer and surgeon"
    Misleading Advertising: Ray Brown Healing breaches UK Ad Codes with unproven claims for spiritual healing services on their website raybrownhealing.com

This is an updated version of an entry originally placed on the list of non-compliant online advertisers in May 2015. It was decided in May 2018 to update the information on this page to reflect the current claims on the advertiser's website.

The CAP Compliance team has contacted Raymond Brown on several occasions about claims to treat health conditions, including: “sciatica and disc problems, frozen shoulders, carpal tunnel, joint pain, tennis elbow, arthritis, rheumatism, IBS, stomach pain, endometriosis, hiatus hernia, infertility, eyes, ear, nose, and throat problems, ME, neurological conditions, and heart conditions”.

CAP and ASA are yet to see robust evidence that Raymond Brown is suitably qualified to treat the more serious of these conditions such as infertility, endometriosis and heart conditions, or that he holds robust evidence to prove that he can treat the less serious conditions e.g. joint pain.

Despite repeated requests to remove the problem claims, they continue to appear on Raymond Brown's website www.raybrownhealing.com. Because of the continued non-compliance we took the decision to place its details on this section of the ASA website on 19 May 2015.

Since May 2015 the site raybrownhealing.com has been updated to include a disclaimer that Ray Brown is not medically trained. This would seem to further confirm that the above claims breach the CAP Code.

These details shall remain in place until such time as www.raybrownhealing.com has removed or appropriately amended the claims to ensure compliance with the CAP Code.
    https://www.asa.org.uk/non-compliant/ray-brown-healing.html

In my opinion, it's a sad fact that this new SNU directive is not going to make the slightest bit of difference as far as the charlatans and chancers are concerned, whatever they choose to call themselves.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 23:19

evergreen wrote:So this rule only applies to SNU accredited healers?  It's a very complex situation as (in the UK at least) there are other bodies with rules governing the a......e up our own!

Then there is the National Federation of Spiritual Healers - a 'Charity' which claims to have "over 50 Healing Centres throughout the UK, staffed by volunteers, where Healing is available to the public on a regular basis, and runs a Referral Register of qualified Healer Members." Presumably with their own qualifying rules and accreditation.

Psychic Surgery rules, OTOH, suggest that practitioners of psychic surgery can supposed.................e, raking in lucrative profits in the process. Gary Mannion is one name that immediately springs to mind, another being Ray Brown, who advertises himself as a "world renowned spiritual healer and surgeon"
    Misleading Advertising: Ray Brown Healing breaches UK Ad Codes with unproven claims for spiritual healing services on their website raybrownhealing.com

This is an updated version of an entry or..............such time as www.raybrownhealing.com has removed or appropriately amended the claims to ensure compliance with the CAP Code.
    https://www.asa.org.uk/non-compliant/ray-brown-healing.html

In my opinion, it's a sad fact that this new SNU directive is not going to make the slightest bit of difference as far as the charlatans and chancers are concerned, whatever they choose to call themselves.

On your final point sadly I agree with what you've said.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 8:11