Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

2 posters

The Survival Top 40

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

The Survival Top 40 Empty The Survival Top 40

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 6 Oct 2018 - 23:25

This website has collated together a rather interesting list of what the compiler perceives to be the top 40 cases demonstrating the continued existence of the human personality after the demise of the physical body.

The Survival Top 40 :   link   http://www.survivaltop40.com/

Divided into two sections:

• The 20 Most Convincing Spirit-Contact Cases
      - Mediums / Ouija / Possession / Apparitions

• The 20 Most Persuasive Reincarnation Cases
      - Regressions, Recollections, & Visions of Other Lives
    mac
    mac

The Survival Top 40 Empty Re: The Survival Top 40

Post by mac Sun 7 Oct 2018 - 20:33

The title puts me off - it's tacky and crass. sadface
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Mon 8 Oct 2018 - 10:28

mac wrote:The title puts me off - it's tacky and crass. sadface

pirat What's in a name? Whatever it's called, it's the content that matters.
    I actually think it's quite a catchy little title, and probably wouldn't have looked twice at it had it simply carried the title: "Related accounts demonstrating the continued existence of the human personality after the demise of the physical body". rabbit
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Mon 8 Oct 2018 - 10:43

Candlelight.kk wrote:
    mac wrote:The title puts me off - it's tacky and crass. sadface

pirat What's in a name? Whatever it's called, it's the content that matters.
    I actually think it's quite a catchy little title, and probably wouldn't have looked twice at it had it simply carried the title: "Related accounts demonstrating the continued existence of the human personality after the demise of the physical body". rabbit

fair point but it put me off - Have you read its content though? If so is it OK?
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Mon 8 Oct 2018 - 16:43

mac wrote:Have you read its content though?  If so is it OK?

I have read through (still doing so) some of the content contained in the first section - and am so far finding the content to be very OK (if there is such an expression pirat ).  Some of the accounts I have heard or read about before and what is most refreshing about these articles, is that everything is appropriately cited and resourced, giving opportunity for follow-up and further research on each of the subjects.  Some of the source links contained within the respective articles open gates to a host of further detailed material and related research.
    Just to pinpoint one example - here is an interesting & recommendable link mentioned in one of the accounts:

Forever Family Foundation 
    link  https://www.foreverfamilyfoundation.org/#
    Mission Statement:

• To establish the existence of the continuity of the family, even though a member has left the physical world
    • To stimulate thought among the curious, those questioning their relationship to the universe, and people who are looking for explanations of certain phenomena
    • To financially support the continued research into survival of consciousness and Afterlife Science
    • To provide a forum where individuals and families who have suffered the loss of a loved one can turn for support, information, and hope through state-of-the-art information and services provided by ongoing research into the survival of consciousness and Afterlife Science

Explanatory video for the Forever Family Foundation:  https://vimeo.com/201024526
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Mon 8 Oct 2018 - 17:29

I'm glad to hear that. The title still doesn't appeal but it's good to know the material is of good quality. Smile

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 10:17