Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

5 posters

David Traynor

Misty
    Misty

David Traynor Empty David Traynor

Post by Misty Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 19:13

Anyone heard of psychic artist David Traynor?
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

David Traynor Empty Re: David Traynor

Post by Candlelight.kk Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 20:18

Don't know anything about any psychic artistry involved, but an online search brings up:

•   My Psychic Life, TV Review: A warts and all insight into the growing industry (from The Independent, 4 November 2015)

•   Spirit Medium David Traynor (YouTube video)

•    http://moh2005.proboards.com/thread/9529/david-traynor

and he has a website:  https://www.davidtraynor.com/

The YouTube link up above (second one down) is enough for me!  obgob
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 21:24

Candlelight.kk wrote:The YouTube link up above (second one down) is enough for me! obgob

That was so funny. laughing

I dont think its the same person though. This David Traynor will be doing a demonstration of clairvoyance at the Mind Body Soul show this year. And he does a psychic drawing of the spirit people he connects with.
    evergreen
    evergreen

Post by evergreen Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 11:51

David Traynor was one of the psychics featured on the Channel 4 prog My Psychic Life

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-psychic-life/on-demand/60977-001
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 3 Oct 2018 - 19:15

Misty wrote:I dont think its the same person though. This David Traynor will be doing a demonstration of clairvoyance at the Mind Body Soul show this year. And he does a psychic drawing of the spirit people he connects with.
    Evergreen wrote:David Traynor was one of the psychics featured on the Channel 4 prog My Psychic Life

alienpop
    So, I have now had a chance to look at the website and also the linked documentary, 'My Psychic Life'.
    I do now recall, that when that program was first advertised to be shown on TV, I sat down with interest to watch it while it was being aired - and turned it off in disgust after the first five minutes! Today watched it to the finish though - in the interest of fairness and punctiliousness.

Everywhere, David Traynor is repeating, ad nauseam, to 'Share me' ... 'Share me like a box of chocolates' ...
    Okay, so here is my box of chocolates. Unfortunately, this box is almost empty; there is nothing inside to share with you apart from the orange creams, and the only reason they are still in there is because I really don't like orange creams. schtum
    All I can say to you, Misty, if you are thinking of going to see that demonstration at the Mind, Body & Soul Exhibition - I just hope you like orange creams!
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Wed 3 Oct 2018 - 21:08

I wasnt thinking of going. It is the psychic art side of it that really interests me.  I would love to have a reading where the medium draws a picture of the person who is communicating. It says in the MBS programme David has a wonderful and very unique way of proving life after death not only connecting with spirit but using psychic art to draw them.  Just wondered if anyone has had a drawing done by him and what did they think.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Thu 4 Oct 2018 - 14:29

Misty wrote:I wasnt thinking of going. It is the psychic art side of it that really interests me.  I would love to have a reading where the medium draws a picture of the person who is communicating. It says in the MBS programme David has a wonderful and very unique way of proving life after death not only connecting with spirit but using psychic art to draw them.  Just wondered if anyone has had a drawing done by him and what did they think.

Well, I can't see any evidence of psychic artistry throughout his website, or anywhere else. shrug
    Usually, when someone brings mediumistic evidence by drawing, they will be working alongside another medium who is demonstrating clairvoyantly; the artist will be doing the drawing of the person simultaneously while the medium is speaking, and sometimes the artist will add their own comments about the spirit person they are drawing.
    When done properly, this really is one of the best ways of delivering tangible evidence of the identity of the communicator.  The drawing is usually then given to the recipient of the message(s) and they can take it home with them and even if they cannot immediately accept what the drawing portrays, they can confer with their family & friends and very often an old never-before-seen photograph will be produced from a family source which verifies the likeness and the details that went with it.

I have one such drawing, done by Coral Polge at the SAGB - in a crowded room where I was squeezed in amongst a load of people standing right at the back of a packed room, as even though extra chairs had been brought in for her demonstration and placed all the way up the aisle, there still wasn't enough room for the crowds of people who had come that day to see her demonstrate.  Where I was standing I couldn't even see the medium or what she was drawing as there were people much taller than me squeezed in front, beside and behind me.  It was like being stuck in a London Tube train slap, bang in the middle of rush hour!  She would not have been able to see me either, but she pinpointed me out as the recipient of the message and drawing, which she said was my grandmother on my mother's side (who had died back in Ireland when I was a small child living here in England).  It was many years later that a photograph of her was discovered which perfectly matched my [very detailed] profile drawing.  The profile photo had been taken when she was in her 30s.
    I only ever saw Coral Polge that one time - it was a good many years ago.  She is now deceased.
    Psychic Artist Coral Polge: arrowright linkclick

Hilary Smith is another good psychic artist that I know of.  She currently works out of the SAGB.  I saw her demonstrate there once with medium Alan Acton.  My rather sceptical cousin was with me that time, first (and only) time he had come along to a demonstration, where I had persuaded him to come along and see what it was all about.  We didn't know it was going to be a psychic art demonstration, just turned up on the day to see whoever was going to be demonstrating (they held demonstrations there every evening, with different mediums doing the platform.  He was picked out for a message and a drawing was being done at the same time, and given to him at the end of the session.  I couldn't recognize anyone from the drawing, but he was able to accept all of the messages being given and the drawing as being a spot-on likeness of an aunt back in Ireland that I had only met very briefly, again when I was very young, but he had spent some time at her house when he was younger. He was able to show me several photos afterwards matching that drawing - and is no longer sceptical about such matters!
    Psychic Artist Hilary Smith: arrowright linkclick

Misty, I would suggest you ask at your nearest Spiritualist church if they know of and can recommend anyone who does psychic drawing that you can make an appointment with for a reading, or, better still, go along to somewhere where they are demonstrating what they do.  Let us know how you get on if you do find someone.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Thu 4 Oct 2018 - 21:04

Do others metaphorically roll their eyes as I do when MBS - mind body spirit - is mentioned in connection with matters spiritual?

Or have I just become an insufferable purist? sadface
    ariel
    ariel

Post by ariel Fri 5 Oct 2018 - 22:14

mac wrote:Do others metaphorically roll their eyes as I do when MBS - mind body spirit - is mentioned in connection with matters spiritual?

Or have I just become an insufferable purist? sadface

To answer your first question - YES. Rolling Eyes
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/nov/09/mind-body-soul-experience-alternative-healers
    The Mind Body Soul Experience: a celebration of good posture, human credulousness and the placebo effect
    Britain’s biggest gathering of alternative healers is a bewildering mix of crystals, yoga and magic books.

Answer to second question? = JOIN THE CLUB! Mr. Green
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Fri 5 Oct 2018 - 22:27

lol very happy
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 21 Oct 2018 - 14:37

Misty wrote:It is the psychic art side of it that really interests me.  I would love to have a reading where the medium draws a picture of the person who is communicating.

Going back to the subject of Psychic / Spirit Artistry, in this video - psychic artist Marie Klement demonstrates an example of how it works for her:

and here - spirit artist medium Sandy Ingham is working with medium Chantelle Lockhart:

Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Mon 22 Oct 2018 - 17:03

Thanks for those links kk. Interesting how both of them say that the spirits they are drawing usually like to show themselves looking younger and not how they looked when they died, and by what you have said this was how it was too with the drawing of your grandmother.
    Candlelight.kk wrote:It was many years later that a photograph of her was discovered which perfectly matched my [very detailed] profile drawing. The profile photo had been taken when she was in her 30s.
    I wonder why this is?
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Mon 22 Oct 2018 - 17:12

Misty wrote:Thanks for those links kk. Interesting how both of them say that the spirits they are drawing usually like to show themselves looking younger and not how they looked when they died, and by what you have said this was how it was too with the drawing of your grandmother.
    Candlelight.kk wrote:It was many years later that a photograph of her was discovered which perfectly matched my [very detailed] profile drawing. The profile photo had been taken when she was in her 30s.
    I wonder why this is?

I'd guess that only a small percentage of us prefer our looks in later life over those we enjoyed when we were younger..... As we apparently have the means to show ourselves, after our passing, in the way we choose isn't it understandable that we might pick a time when we were 'at our best'? Mature, but still young, adults.....

When I pass over one of the first things I'm going to have is a full head of hair - purely for my own enjoyment as I haven't had that since I was in my mid-teens! There would be no point, though, in my presenting myself to anyone in this world that way (had I the chance) if I was trying to communicate my identity because as an adult I have always had little hair and anyone who might know me would not know me with hair.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 13:28

When my mother appeared to me (20 years after her passing) she looked how she was around her mid 30's, fresh-faced and healthy looking and before her hair had turned white. She was 72 when she died.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 2:58