Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

4 posters

Default avatars

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Default avatars Empty Default avatars

Post by Candlelight.kk Fri 31 Aug 2018 - 13:53

The default avatar on the forum has been changed.
    For any member who has not created their own personal avatar, this is the image that will show in their profile:

Default avatars T1rsz_11

There is of course the option to change this to your own personal preference by creating an avatar from your own Profile.
    Misty
    Misty

Default avatars Empty Re: Default avatars

Post by Misty Fri 31 Aug 2018 - 18:42

I much prefer the avatar that was here before this one. I thought the intermingled heart and infinity sign was so appropriate for this forum.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 11:51

Misty wrote:I thought the intermingled heart and infinity sign was so appropriate for this forum.

I agree with you, Misty - but for that very reason it doesn't encourage people to change it and substitute it with a personal avatar which distinguishes the poster at a glance, especially in long threads where it's easy to confuse who said what.  
    I should really have added on to this thread: Forum Avatars - Big Booboo!! explaining how this situation came about in the first place - I will try and find a way to merge these two threads, thus making the history clear.

My thinking was if I make the default boring or annoying even, then that might entice members to make their own if only just to get rid of the annoying one!  Of course it's a personal choice and no-one is obliged to have a personal avatar other than the default, but I just think it makes for easier and happier participation in the forum. 

I had thought of making this the default avatar:  Default avatars Divers_37 
    but opted for the boring anonymous one that you find on any forum around the net - for the reasons suggested above and thinking on the lines that most folk wouldn't want to be thought of as boring.  Cool
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sat 1 Sep 2018 - 18:48

I acknowledge I am odd for others reasons too but for me an avatar has little meaning. (save, perhaps for the one kk uses.)  Even one I'm seeing most times I visit has litle meaning and if you asked me who uses what - or asked me which avatar denoted which member - I probably wouldn't be able to tell you.  Same everywhere with icons and many picture signs.  Even symbols for male and female lavatories mean little and on the latter theme I'm often left staring at a symbol by an entrance and hoping I'm entering the right lavatory.  And before you ask, yes I have occasionally gone wrong if I hadn't concentrated hard enough.

So when I look at a thread I read a postings and then - perhaps - who posted the piece.  Hence I don't deviate from a website's default icon/avatar.   So whatever avatar you may choose I will still look at your name first.
    ariel
    ariel

Post by ariel Mon 3 Sep 2018 - 15:03

gigle I like the one with the brown paper bag over the face and the holes cut out for eyes and smiling mouth. Mr. Green Far better than the current one.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 11:20

ariel wrote:gigle  I like the one with the brown paper bag over the face and the holes cut out for eyes and smiling mouth.  Mr. Green    Far better than the current one.

Well, I've changed that boring current one again. 

What do yez think of this one?

Default avatars Avatar10
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 14:45

I like it!  very happy
    Misty
    Misty

Post by Misty Sat 22 Sep 2018 - 14:10

That's it then mac.  You definately wont be wanting to change yours now. Mr. Green pirat

I like this one too kk.  thumb
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sat 22 Sep 2018 - 14:49

Misty wrote:That's it then mac.  You definately wont be wanting to change yours now. Mr. Green pirat

Text 'icons' work perfectly for me although I realise an icon is equally for others to identify you.  I suppose I ought to have a picture one for others who like 'em although there are so few active members here that identification isn't that difficult.  Smile
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 22 Sep 2018 - 15:28

mac wrote:I like it!  very happy

mac wrote:
    Misty wrote:That's it then mac.  You definately wont be wanting to change yours now. Mr. Green pirat

Text 'icons' work perfectly for me although I realise an icon is equally for others to identify you.  I suppose I ought to have a picture one for others who like 'em although there are so few active members here that identification isn't that difficult.  Smile

alienpop  Mac, if you are happy with this latest 'text icon', would you maybe consider claiming it as your own(?) and the default avatar could be changed again to something else?  Just a suggestion - but a rather good one, even though I say so myself ...  rabbit )
    ariel
    ariel

Post by ariel Sat 22 Sep 2018 - 16:52

facepalm Why not just leave all as it is now Candlelight. Everyone seems happy with this latest one (self included). Mac's already made clear that he doesn't 'do' and doesn't need avatars and that's his prerogative. I vote keep things as they are now. very happy
    Default avatars Ny102411
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 22 Sep 2018 - 19:11

OK.  Votes counted and motion unanimously agreed and passed. (for a little while anyway..) Mr. Green Oops!  Who said that? ... Default avatars Divers_37  sidestep
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sat 22 Sep 2018 - 20:48

Candlelight.kk wrote:

mac wrote:

alienpop  Mac, if you are happy with this latest 'text icon', would you maybe consider claiming it as your own(?) and the default avatar could be changed again to something else?  Just a suggestion - but a rather good one, even though I say so myself ...  rabbit )
    Yes, please, I'll do that once I've taken a look at the profile settings...
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sat 22 Sep 2018 - 20:54

Candlelight.kk wrote:

mac wrote:

I couldn't find the text one in the avatar gallery but I have found the one I've now selected.  very happy   Distinctive enough I reckon.   Wink
    ariel
    ariel

Post by ariel Sat 22 Sep 2018 - 21:05

mac wrote:
    I couldn't find the text one in the avatar gallery but I have found the one I've now selected.  very happy   Distinctive enough I reckon.   Wink

HaHA! Perfect! yes
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sat 22 Sep 2018 - 21:10

ariel wrote:
    mac wrote:

HaHA!  Perfect! yes
    I thought it might be liked!  very happy lol
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Sat 22 Sep 2018 - 22:53

D'accord, Monsieur mac; chacun à son goût. pirat Ainsi soit-il. very happy

er ... (You do realise that you'll have to write all your posts in French now...) monster
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sun 23 Sep 2018 - 6:17

Candlelight.kk wrote:D'accord, Monsieur mac; chacun à son goût.  pirat     Ainsi soit-il.  very happy

er ... (You do realise that you'll have to write all your posts in French now...)  monster
    oui, d'accord!  laughing

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 9:43