Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

3 posters

Psychic News - September 2018

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Psychic News - September 2018 Empty Psychic News - September 2018

Post by Candlelight.kk Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 16:56

September 2018 issue of Psychic News (together with Two Worlds)

Psychic News - September 2018 T1rsz_10

Contents include:

• The magic and mystery of standing stones

• Medium paints living 
images of the ‘dead’

• How to charge 
your chakras!

• ‘Changing gender 
sparked my psychic 
gifts’ says medium

Plus:

• Top tips to beat stress

• Spiritualist Association of Great Britain opens new headquarters

• A - Z of dreamzzzzzz

• Forest bathing, prayer and healing, and the materialistions that upset a medium’s neighbours!

Also included:

• Victoria Beckham's new venture is crystal clear
    • Thames Valley Police use colour to calm suspects
    • Horses help prisoners
    • Girl Guide movement announces mindfulness badge
    • New opt-out system for organ donation planned
    • Plant a tree to fight pollution
    • World Congress of Spiritualists meets in UK
    • Tennis player drops spiritual adviser
    • Spiritualist plunges to his death
    • Psychic society closes down
    • Wise words by Stephen O’Brien
    • The divinity within all
    • Spiritual art by Abigail Latham
    • Mandala colouring
    • Sudoku competition: Win a copy of 'Golden Enlightenment'
    • Famous gallery plans to feature visionary mystic and artist William Blake
    • What’s on guide to Spiritualist churches and psychic centres
    • And much, much more

link www.psychicnews.org.uk
    mac
    mac

Psychic News - September 2018 Empty Re: Psychic News - September 2018

Post by mac Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 20:38

oh dear.....  Crying or Very sad  I don't think I'll ever be a subscriber again if it stays the way it is.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 21:19

mac wrote:oh dear.....  Crying or Very sad  I don't think I'll ever be a subscriber again if it stays the way it is.

Is that an opinion just based on a cursory glance at the Contents list, mac? 

I didn't think it looked too inviting either just checking out the contents summary - but found I quite enjoyed reading in this edition.  There's quite a mixed bag, with parts to interest different folk.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 22:14

Candlelight.kk wrote:
    mac wrote:oh dear.....  Crying or Very sad  I don't think I'll ever be a subscriber again if it stays the way it is.

Is that an opinion just based on a cursory glance at the Contents list, mac? 

I didn't think it looked too inviting either just checking out the contents summary - but found I quite enjoyed reading in this edition.  There's quite a mixed bag, with parts to interest different folk.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, KK, but what was listed didn't attract me or tempt me to subscribe again.  Perhaps there was more there to enjoy than looked the case but as I can't read the contents I won't ever know. 

I don't suppose my non-participation matters to PN anyway.
    mac
    mac

Psychic News - September 2018 Empty PN and University of Manitoba

Post by mac Wed 17 Oct 2018 - 17:21

You're good at this stuff, kk, so although I must have asked you already - for which I apologise - do you know anything more about the archive whose link was posted in June 2018 Psychic News?

I used to be able to reach a bunch of archived PNs, later found it hadn't been added to but now can't even find the page to which the link once took me. A Google search (remember when it was just a search engine?) yielded nothing helpful.

Do you know if the collaboration broke down? Is the archive gone?
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Wed 17 Oct 2018 - 22:41

mac wrote:You're good at this stuff, kk, so although I must have asked you already - for which I apologise - do you know anything more about the archive whose link was posted in June 2018 Psychic News?

I used to be able to reach a bunch of archived PNs, later found it hadn't been added to but now can't even find the page to which the link once took me. A Google search (remember when it was just a search engine?) yielded nothing helpful.

Do you know if the collaboration broke down? Is the archive gone?

I know as much as you do, mac.

Here's where we wrote up about it from the June 2018 issue of PN:
    https://lightafterlife.forumotion.com/t1138-78-years-of-past-psychic-news-in-newspaper-format-to-become-available-online-to-read-free-of-charge

Is this the link that you signed up to?
    https://www.psychicnews.org.uk/articles/psychic-news-archives-online
    I have done a search all over and can't find even a reference to the digitized archives being in operation. All I can think is that if it has been completed and already available to access, perhaps that is the link to use, but that you need to sign up in order to facilitate their availability. If you have already signed up, why not try logging in now to see if you can get any more info.

Apart from that, the following two links have the only other info I was able to scratch up from my searches.

https://issuu.com/816267/docs/psychic_news_archives_go_online/2?ff&e=7342663/61827919

https://umanitoba.ca/libraries/

If you get no joy from logging in to that ISSUU site, then I would suggest the two people who are bound to have all details would be Roy Stemman and Tony Ortzen. Perhaps enquire of one or both of them?

Maybe there's been some mention in one of the recent Psychic News issues that we've missed(?)

mac
    mac

Post by mac Thu 18 Oct 2018 - 6:20

Some time ago I did try registering but had to wait for an approval which never came. I'll try again to see if I can come up with anything. If not I'll drop Tony a note. He might just remember me from my Two Worlds days.

thanks for the reply
    ariel
    ariel

Post by ariel Fri 19 Oct 2018 - 12:26

Candlelight.kk wrote:
    mac wrote:You're good at this stuff, kk, so although I must have asked you already - for which I apologise - do you know anything more about the archive whose link was posted in June 2018 Psychic News?

I used to be able to reach a bunch of archived PNs, later found it hadn't been added to but now can't even find the page to which the link once took me.  A Google search (remember when it was just a search engine?) yielded nothing helpful.

Do you know if the collaboration broke down?  Is the archive gone?

I know as much as you do, mac.

Here's where we wrote up about it from the June 2018 issue of PN:
    https://lightafterlife.forumotion.com/t1138-78-years-of-past-psychic-news-in-newspaper-format-to-become-available-online-to-read-free-of-charge

Is this the link that you signed up to?  
    https://www.psychicnews.org.uk/articles/psychic-news-archives-online
    I have done a search all over and can't find even a reference to the digitized archives being in operation. All I can think is that if it has been completed and already available to access, perhaps that is the link to use, but that you need to sign up in order to facilitate their availability.  If you have already signed up, why not try logging in now to see if you can get any more info.

Apart from that, the following two links have the only other info I was able to scratch up from my searches.

https://issuu.com/816267/docs/psychic_news_archives_go_online/2?ff&e=7342663/61827919

https://umanitoba.ca/libraries/

If you get no joy from logging in to that ISSUU site, then I would suggest the two people who are bound to have all details would be Roy Stemman and Tony Ortzen.  Perhaps enquire of one or both of them?

Maybe there's been some mention in one of the recent Psychic News issues that we've missed(?)

mac wrote:Some time ago I did try registering but had to wait for an approval which never came. I'll try again to see if I can come up with anything. If not I'll drop Tony a note. He might just remember me from my Two Worlds days.

Please let us know how you get on.  I'm interested too.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Fri 19 Oct 2018 - 13:13

Jim Warwood has got in touch with either Tony or Roy at PN so I'll wait to see if he comes up with anything.
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Fri 19 Oct 2018 - 13:33

mac wrote:Jim Warwood has got in touch with either Tony or Roy at PN so I'll wait to see if he comes up with anything.

thumb
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Fri 26 Oct 2018 - 9:57

Candlelight.kk wrote:
    mac wrote:Jim Warwood has got in touch with either Tony or Roy at PN so I'll wait to see if he comes up with anything.

thumb

Jim's reported today that Tony Ortzen replied that there's been a glitch and he will let folk know - presumably via PN editorial kk - when everything is working again.

Will you please let us know when you see the announcement in PN? Smile
    Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

Post by Candlelight.kk Fri 26 Oct 2018 - 12:26

mac wrote:

Jim's reported today that Tony Ortzen replied that there's been a glitch and he will let folk know - presumably via PN editorial kk - when everything is working again.

Thanks, mac. I will definitely watch out for that. I wonder why they haven't mentioned it before now though. I guess they must be working hard behind the scenes to get things rolling. A huge amount of work must have gone into this project. Kudos to all those behind-the-scenes heroes involved. thumb
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Fri 26 Oct 2018 - 13:14

Candlelight.kk wrote:
    mac wrote:

Thanks, mac. I will definitely watch out for that. I wonder why they haven't mentioned it before now though. I guess they must be working hard behind the scenes to get things rolling. A huge amount of work must have gone into this project. Kudos to all those behind-the-scenes heroes involved. thumb

Well, yes, I suppose they should have been working to get things sorted provided someone actually knew there was a problem..... But that university's IT people should surely have known there was an issue? It's not like the project was a pioneering one as they have other archives.

We'll see. Wink

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 2:12