Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of our existence: Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism ~ Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

3 posters

ALL Forumotion forums were down for a time this morning

Candlelight.kk
    Candlelight.kk

solved ALL Forumotion forums were down for a time this morning

Post by Candlelight.kk Sun 15 Jul 2018 - 11:37

ALL the Forumotion forum sites were down for a time this morning - giving a scary message saying something like the site is unsecure - even their Support forum was giving the same message.

I was unable to acccess ANY Forumotion site - getting that same message, even on the Support forum -until just now. 
    The Support Forum is back up now also.
    Seems whatever the problem was has now been resolved.  thumb 
    This topic on the Support Forum will probably tell us soon what actually happened there:
    https://help.forumotion.com/t156181-only-topicgoogle-warning-that-site-is-unsafe-and-certificate-error#1076841

Apologies to anyone faced with that message this morning - and this announcement explains that it was a universal issue on ALL Forumotion sites.
    mac
    mac

solved Re: ALL Forumotion forums were down for a time this morning

Post by mac Sun 15 Jul 2018 - 16:23

Yeah I received the same, scary message saying the certificate had expired but I overrode the warning and accepted the 'risk' to take a look if the website was actually down - it wasn't.   Wink
    ariel
    ariel

solved Re: ALL Forumotion forums were down for a time this morning

Post by ariel Sun 15 Jul 2018 - 17:10

That happened once before.  IIRC it was something to do with the forumotion hosts' international clock being out of sync, the time zone differences, something weird like that. eek  yes 

Glad it's sorted anyhow.

Google and all other browsers are very soon going to be getting rid of the green lock icon which shows a site is secure.  Instead, they will be putting the emphasis on those sites which don't have a secure SSL certificate - and anyone coming across a site lacking the SSL security will have that 'scary' message blasting out at them.
    It's possible today's downtime might have had something to do with that, maybe testing it out before final implementation.  I know that it's imminent and definitely on the cards.  Why that should affect the time zones though, I can't imagine.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 2:23