Light After Life

Exploring the mysteries of Life, Death and Beyond. Afterlife, Mediumship, Spiritualism: Death is not the end; I am but waiting for you for an interval ...

A basic explanation of mediumship

Candlelight.kk

Female

A basic explanation of mediumship

Post by Candlelight.kk on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 21:17

(originally posted on 03 Nov 2010)

A basic explanations of mediumship.

A medium usually has a variety of psychic skills, but the underlying purpose behind them is threefold; to prove the existence of life after death, to console and advise others and to further develop their own spirituality. How a medium comes to be is based on many factors. Some are born to it, having been able to see spirit people when they were children, and simply developing those abilities in adulthood. Others come to it later because of a bereavement, when they seek the services of medium, and then go on to learn the skills themselves. Even curiosity can lead to the development of psychic abilities.

Complete article here: LINK
Pixie1970
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Female

Re: A basic explanation of mediumship

Post by Pixie1970 on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 21:23

Sometimes the information flows so easily that the medium has no doubts about the information being given, but on other occasions the information can seem a little patchy, and the medium needs to work harder to resolve what comes through. One explanation for this variation in intensity or quality could be to do with how well the the spirit communicator has learned to communicate. But could also be due the mediums ability to tune-in and the rapport with their spirit guides, who play an important role in the proceedings.

I can accept this and I think that it is the reason for a lot of people not accepting messages or for questioning whether or not the medium is genuine. I sometimes struggle to get my point across, I am not the best communicator so will I be any different when I have passed on? Will I suddenly develop excellent communication skills? I dont think so. I pity the poor medium who has to try and get my messages across. This could explain differing opinions towards the same medium. It's the difference between digital radios and the radios of yesteryear which crackled and faded in and out. I will be one of those which you had to keep giving it a belt to make it work!

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Female

Re: A basic explanation of mediumship

Post by aussiepom on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 21:27

Hi Pixie!

Talking about mediums,not that I know much about mediumship,but to have the gift they have,is a truly wonderful gift.
To be able to receive the information they bring through is something that truly amazes me.
I often wonder why some people are given this gift and not others.
I wonder if before they come to the physical plane,they know they will have a special gift?
AP

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov 2017, 17:37